Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing this weekend slowed a lot around Kellys. The weather certainly had a lot to do with it. Saturday was pretty much a complete blow out with nothing fishable Horth, South or West of the island. Sunday, I went out and first hit Gull Shoal (figureativle speaking :) ). There was 4 other boats around and didn't see any one doing anything. I cruised around for about 20 minutes looking for fish on myy lowrance and saw very little. I ran over to one of my favorite rock piles and threw Weapons for about 2 hours. Caught 2 Walters, lost another at the boat. Also caught several sheepies 3 of which were large-10 lb class fish. Also caught a dozen or so cats-they are spawning now.

Anyway, it is going to be 4 weeks before I hit the pond again as I have a Yellowstone trip coming up-so hopefully, from now on it it will be perch time!

Jim

·
Registered
706 Posts
Took my girlfriend and her daughter to the Marblehead lighthouse Sunday evening. While we were there I noticed a boat 150 yrds out trolling, only boat in the area. I only watched them for a few minutes before they netted a walleye. Evidently there's still some fish in close. I hope to try it tuesday, will report how I do. You guys have a great sight here! Lots of great info. Thanks Todd Williams.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was on anchor @ 1/4 mile out east of the lighthouse about 10:00am Sunday. May try going out after work today if the weather hold out. Welcome to "the board" ErieEye!

·
Cowboy Charters
1,665 Posts
I was fishing for smallmouth right next to Kellys Island sunday and soon there were 10 other boats besides myself there. They were all fishing for walleye. We were drifting from 22 FOW to 5 FOW and they were pulling in walleye right and left. I couldn't believe it. i was catching smallmouth, they were catching walleye. I even got a walleye on a tube bait.

so there are plenty of fish close to shore yet. There was 2 charters in the area as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts