Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just leaving to play around Kelleys Island. Heard a good report off the west side, 32-36fow and gonna give it a try .

If you're in the area..... GR on 79.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
GR,
let me know how u do. I'm one of the volunteers taking out OSU students on Friday. If it's choppy, like to stay close to the islands.
thanks!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
st.slippy,
Nothing wrong with those whether it was your boat or not. Good Job:D

Ron

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
They were friendly. We lost the unfriendly one and the largest fish we had seen in the two days. I actually think we lost him twice. He got off of one line and I believe as he was running caught a spinner while my partner had the planer board in his hand. Both times he showed himself at the back of the boat, then gone.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had some first time boaters with me and the chop in the morning kept us close in the lee of the island. Fished the se corner with fair success when the wind calmed and the sun came out. Ended with 6 eyes, 2 ppl, w/ one 9lbr. A ton of sheep of white bass. Best program was 2 oz in-line back 50, #4 colorados, 1.5 - 1.7mph. Best area was about 1-2 miles due east of the se corner. Scattered marks and re-worked one active area.

GR

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
GR,
thanks for the report. that area has been somewhat consistent last 3 weeks if you can tolerate all the trash fish mixed in.
with this weather coming in, looks like the OSU outing will likely be cancelled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts