Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished airport reep off the east side of kelleys saterday(sorry for the late report). We trolled #7 perch jointed shadraps,perch rattletots(old style) and gold wally diver.I just pretty much kepth the sheep head away from my uncle and cousins line so they could catch the walleye and smallmouth. They ended up with 4 fat smallies between 15 and 17 inches, and 5 walleyes. 4 of them where between 2 and 3 pounds, and the one big suprise of the day was a 30 inch, 10 pound plus walleye.
The last two yrs we have been able to catch walleye here when most of them are either being caugh out west were the pack is or out east in deeper water. We are thinking that there is a decent population of "resident eyes" around kelleys.
Even though all i caught was sheep head and go harassed about being skunked for two days straight it was still fun.
bobby

·
Banned
556 Posts
we have alawys done fairly good there this time of year. It seems to be better end of may, begining of june. We camped there for 5 straight years, and alawys caught nice fish!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Thats usually were we fish when we go up. We only go up 5 or 6 times a yr so we are trying to learn the westernbasin real good before we start venturing east. And so far we are really pleased with kellys.
bobby

·
Banned
556 Posts
Ive learned alot up there, espically not taking a small boat thru the slop shot!

We were up there in 99 or 2000 and some guys from Canada were in the fish cleaning house with 6 limits of 25+" fish. When we started cleaning our's I noticed in the trash can whole eyes missing cheeks. Being a smart elic i asked what the hell they were doing. They went on to tell us that they only eat cheeks and had been doing this for 3-4 days. What a shame it was to see :eek:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It maybe my young age or my being a little hot headed, but those fellows would have gotten at least an earful and told to stay in canada next time or maybe knock one of the guys teeth in. That has to be one of the biggests wastes I have heard of only one worse was seeing 6 deer hanging in the woods with a rifle hole with backstraps cut out and left to rot on opening day of bow season.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts