Ohio Game Fishing banner

Keeping tackle organized

661 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  misfit 
#1 ·
Anyone have any tips or site links on keeping your tackle organized in the garage, shed, or where ever you keep your tackle while not on the water?

I was trying to clean up the garage today and started pulling together all of my fishing line from the various places that I have it. I just stuck it in a shoe box, but I am sure there is a better way to keep it and keep it accessible.

I thought about just posting something on how to store line, but I would really be interested in any information on efficiently/effectively organizing any and all of my tackle.

Creekwalker

#2 ·
well this might be too obvious to help, but i have one of those white cabinets (the kind with adjustable shelves) that you put together yourself, in the garage, everything fishing related goes in there and nothing else. inside i have trays and plano boxes, vex, propane heater for the shanty, coleman night light, minnow bucket, etc.... i know where everything is and everything stays neat. line i just have a couple stacks of spools in there.

#3 ·
depends on what space you have and just how you want to store it.
i hung some different length wire shelves on my garage wall for tackle boxes,minnie buckets,etc.

never finished the rod racks yet,and only have 6 spaces.only about 15-20 to go:rolleyes:
you can fabricate rod racks from just about anything,and mount them on the garage wall horizontally or vertically.or even hang from the ceiling.
robby(katfish)made one of the simplest i've seen,by attaching a couple 1x4's or 2x4's to his garage wall,with short dowel rods set into them at an angle.you can hang 2 rods on each set of dowels,thereby minimizing space.
for smaller items,a small wall cabinet with a few shelves would work well.
i was going to mention another idea,but i see hardwaterfan beat me to it :)
iyears ago,i built something similar to what he mentiomned.worked great.it also had a vertical rack for half a dozen rods on one side,with shelves built into the doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.