Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any idea why I keep getting logged off. The last 2 nights while PM'ing and posting replies, I have been logged off when I "submit" my message. I type slowly and thought that might be the reason, but I have always typed slowly and this has never happened before. Am I the only one having this problem or have others had similar issues? Any ideas on what to do to correct it...it is a big hassle, since I am being forced to retype everything!!

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
Does anybody have any idea why I keep getting logged off. The last 2 nights while PM'ing and posting replies, I have been logged off when I "submit" my message. I type slowly and thought that might be the reason, but I have always typed slowly and this has never happened before. Am I the only one having this problem or have others had similar issues? Any ideas on what to do to correct it...it is a big hassle, since I am being forced to retype everything!!

You need to open up a Pabst Blue Ribbon. That will take care of it Brian.:(

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
are you getting logged off or is the internet connection just getting lost?
occasionally the connection is dropped on me with the same results,but it's different than logging off,which would necessitate signing back in with your password.

·
Registered
381 Posts
happened to me a few times not quit the same as your situation.

I leave the OGF site up but minimized. After so long I think my session just times out and automatically logs me out. I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having or if there is a way to keep yourself logged in no matter how long the session?

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
it happened to me twice last night when i was trying to delete PM's. the last time it froze my computer up to where i had to power down. but, no damage was done.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
Has never happened to me. I agree with Rick. I think that your internet connection might be logging you off after either no activity or just a break in the connection after a bit.

I understand it has happened to a few people and that the coincedence is too much but, like I said, It has never happened to me at all.:D

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
thats because we all like you and want you to be here all day:p lol
Thank you. You understand I don't have a life after being on Workers Comp now for a year and a half, and that all I do is fish and sit here online and watch all the posts all day since we have had so much rain.

Catch me later, I have to wait for the garage door company to come and fix my opener. For some reason the door opens a foot and closes. So, it is nice to have a warranty.

Just have to sit here from 9 to 1:30.:(

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Catch me later, I have to wait for the garage door company to come and fix my opener. For some reason the door opens a foot and closes. So, it is nice to have a warranty.

Just have to sit here from 9 to 1:30.:(
Steve, just open a PBR and the problem will go away! :p Or maybe your door is getting logged off too! :D :D

Rick...internet connection is on but the site is logging me out...I can log back in without a problem, so my internet connection is still good. I did figure out that I can log back on without retyping my post, but it took me three frustrating occurrences before I figured that out! I am a slow learner I guess! ;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am having the same problem with being logged off... I have a cable connection and I dont get logged of anything else... I just assumed that they put a short inactice time limit in with the new site....it is 15 min at the most and I am logged off.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I dont know if this is part of the problem but I am running a window washer program which erases all cookies and traces of sites when I shut the computer down... I dont mind logging in everytime with my username and password but when I have 2 do it evey 15 min when I am inactive it gets old....

·
no boat
603 Posts
Same here, I'm not a speed typer i know but it gets annoying when i finish typing a post or reply and it kicks back that I've ben logged off, but i've found out that if i just log back in it takes me to where I left off. I'm on cable as well if it helps the admins figure the issue out -

·
Lost in the 50's
2,289 Posts
Steve, just open a PBR and the problem will go away! :p Or maybe your door is getting logged off too! :D :D
I don't uderstand why guys are getting logged off. I leave mine on all the time. I NEVER shut it off. I leave it on the site sometimes and run to the store or go eat lunch and come back and it is still logged on wherever I am.

Hope you guys fix the problem. Listen!!! Try this......

Log into a different site like a home page Yahoo, AOL, Earthlink, whatever and leave it on for a half hour. See if it gets logged off. Then we will know if it is our site or your computers might be set to log off after no activity for a certain amount of time. There are settings for that for those of you that don't know.

Not being smart, just a little informative for a change.

·
"EYE" DOCTOR
272 Posts
I was having the same problem.I clicked the remember me box next to the username while logging on and i have not had the problem since.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
"remember me"................i have a feeling that could be the problem,at least for most.most puters are set to log off the internet after a certain time.if that box is not checked,you get logged off when the inet connection is dropped.that's what i meant before,but forgot to mention that pesky little "remember me" box,LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts