Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a few years since I have been to Indian Lake to fish and I'd like to try my luck at catching a few Crappie.

Was thinking of fishing near Long Island and was wondering if it would be feasible/practical to drop in a kayak in at the large pull-off at Long Island?

Thanks - gonelong

·
Registered
165 Posts
There was a small trailer parked there Saturday

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Is that area still posted No Parking? At one point it was a great place to park when ice fishing but I believe due to all of the trash the owners posted no parking or trespassing.

·
cheeryo
927 Posts
I was down there a couple weeks ago and the signs are still up, The channels around moundwood bridge lead into the woods and then open up into some nice protected waters, descent crappie there too

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang. Never thought that would be "no parking" so good to know. I guess that makes getting to Long Island area tough on a kayak. odell daniel - I appreciate the note on Moundwood and the channels. That is my 2nd choice with Blackhawk/Lucy's pond area as #3.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Dang. Never thought that would be "no parking" so good to know. I guess that makes getting to Long Island area tough on a kayak. odell daniel - I appreciate the note on Moundwood and the channels. That is my 2nd choice with Blackhawk/Lucy's pond area as #3.
Blackhawk has parking and an easy launch but gets a lot of truck/trailer parking. There are spots before that parking lot that you can pull off the side of the road and park/launch. Commonly referred to as the first and second pull offs. You can always try those. Moundwood is a great place to launch and if you paddle south of there you can hit lots of docks and Lucys pond for crappie and panfish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts