Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do many people on here kayak fish at west branch? I know the size of the lake could make it difficult but is there an area where you could launch and have good access to some better parts of the lake, specifically on the no-wake side so that I don't get tossed around? I do have a lowrance fish finder/chartplotter mounted on my yak so i can see depth and underwater habitat. I'm relatively new to Ohio so I'm still learning the lakes and how to fish them. This time of year I usually like to target bass but with how little I've gotten to fish over the last couple years, anything that puts tension on my line is fair game. I wouldn't even mind getting to break out the fly rod for some popper action.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is a beach launch right on the north side of the bridge on Rock spring road.... everything to the West which is the Same side as the beach is no wake....good fishing on the west side for all species.... early mornings usually isn't too crowded but as the day goes on the pleasure boaters get crowded and stupid....

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
You can also launch at a gravel ramp at knapp rd right off of rt 14. Access to the west end area good fishing all over. And some bays to go to if windy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts