Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Carrie and I went for her first kayak ride, at Bresler Reservoir. She seemed to enjoy it, but was more concerned about the 4 mink that were playing in around the rocks on the shore. For a 9 lb. Maltese, she was showing some serious aggression and was certain that those mink (she thinks they're squirrels) should have their legs chewed off. ;)

It was an enjoyable evening, under the Bresler Sky. :)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Cool!!
I used to make out with my girlfriend in High School at Bressler. And that's always where we went to sled, too.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Bubbagon said:
I heard that big giant house down the road burned down. Is that so?
Bubbagon,
Yep it burned down and there's a pile of rocks where it used to stand. Rumor has it that it was arson, which is a shame, because it was a beautiful house. There's a nice swing set off to the side, that's just rusting away. :p

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Arson would not surprise me. That house has always been in danger of foreclosure...with all the owners.
Weren't the original builders a couple of school teachers who won the lottery...or came into some money? I'd also always heard that big room on the end was a huge open area for a big pipe organ.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Bubbagon said:
Weren't the original builders a couple of school teachers who won the lottery...or came into some money? I'd also always heard that big room on the end was a huge open area for a big pipe organ.
Bubbagon,
The original builder was a school teacher, who's parents had a lot of money. He over extended himself, fundingwise and could not complete the project. Then he began asking for part of his inheritence to finish it and during the "loan" days, he got caught stealing more than he was being given through the same account. His parents became angry and cut his funding off.

Several years went by and they relinquished enough funds to complete the house. Even so, he was in over his head with loans... couldn't pay all of them back and was going to lose the house...before his parents would die and/or would give him the last of his inheritance. Therefore the aledged "accidental" fire.

...and now you know the rest of the story. :D

P.S. I got to talk to the owner of a Shelby Cobra, while I was out there. Nice! Very Nice Machine! :cool:

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
I knew there were school teachers, unfinished homes, and over extended loans in there somewhere...Thanks for the details.

I grew up in Sherwood Park, on the West side of Lima. So I was pretty close to Bressler.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just so you guys know the original owners of that house both passed away a few years back. Nice people but ran out of money and could never keep up with it. They were both older and the man had had several strokes.

Without saying the name of the company, I was in that house to do some work about 6 years ago and it was in terrible shape. A couple years later the older couple both died and the house was bought by Doug Fay of Doug p. Fay construction. He was the owner of the house at the time of the alleged arson.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Awww Bresler. Lots of memories there for me too. I have windsurfed it several times. Nice reservoir to fish

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
Cool!!
I used to make out with my girlfriend in High School at Bressler. And that's always where we went to sled, too.
I'll bet the Maltese was better lookin';)--Tim................................................................................................................................................................ Mammal Vertebrate Primate Common chimpanzee Terrestrial animal

Attachments

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
I'll bet the Maltese was better lookin';)--Tim................................................................................................................................................................ View attachment 47135
LOL!! I think Paul Simon said it best:

If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together
for one night
I know they'd never match
my sweet imagination
Everything looks worse
in black and white
Kodachrome....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts