Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good places to bass fish out of a kayak around Salem / alliance area looking for some new spots. I've done pretty good this year in the couple places I go but looking for a change of scenery . For the help here's some pics ! ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376577144.566300.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376577173.286659.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376577200.844321.jpg the last ones not out of the kayak but was a good catch

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used to fish Zepernick all them time but they just rebuilt the dam and I think all the big bass are gone. There is a small pond across the street that is ok and just down the road there is Guilford which is a bit of a sleeper bass lake. You can also pay $5 and hit Salem Reservoir. All small lakes with 9.9 limits or electric only at the reservoir.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fish all of the above ahaha except the Reservoir won't let you have a kayak out. We have been doing sections of beaver creek catching smallies just was seeking If anyone had any different spots I could try .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you fished at all at Highlandtown Res?
I haven't put my yak in there yet but I surveyed it last week and
it looks promising. Even caught a few largemouth from the shore.

It's disappointing that Salem Res. won't allow yaks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done highlandtown yet ! That's a great idea possibly go ahead and do that this weekend always done pretty good from shore there. Pretty good cat fishing also !

·
Powderfinger
7,771 Posts
Deercreek reservoir, Walborn north of German Church Rd, backwaters of Berlin between Greenbower and Price.
All kinds of great spots without the boat traffic. Great areas for a kayak.

·
Powderfinger
7,771 Posts
Oh yes. Especially in the spring. There used to be an off-limits area due to an bald eagle nest. Not sure if the nest is still there but we should be way past nesting season so it should be OK. If not, there will be a big sign letting you know. You can't miss it.
Launch at Price and head upstream toward Deercreek dam.
I used to kill the crappie up there in the reeds in the spring from my kayak. I did some bass fishing too. In August the fishing would depend on water level but that shouldn't be a worry this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts