close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jv / Ohfishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Perch, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Hey is JV having problems over there at OhFishing.com, or is he just doing an Upgrade? Just curious if anyone knows..........................Cant log-on or make anyposts at all........................

T

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

He's just doing an update.

3. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Thanks CB.......................

4. JV1

JV1

Its all fixed....EXCEPT if you happened to join the site in the last 5 days then you must sign up again , otherwise your passwords should work fine. Any new data added to the site in the last 5 days was lost, I think I counted 6 members lost ....... if you joined the site before saturday then you should be fine..... Im sorry for the trouble guys http://ohfishing.com/stl-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1769

5. JV1

JV1

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Joe man, I'm sorry, I'm not a phpbb wiz and I don't have time this evening to jump in and try to help you out. Can you restore your old version and I'll help you with this next week? (I'm leaving for the Fest in the morning)

7. Did you backup your data base?

8. Tried getting on this morning with no luck.

9. I hates seeing photos of **** all over the mainpage anyway :rolleyes:

10. JV1

JV1

guys... Someone from the web helped me out ! the forum has a new address > http://ohfishing.com/stl-web/bulletin/phpBB2/index.php new address becuase its a new forum , and the data from the old forum was transfered in......I still have some cleaning up to do ... avs and smilies etc... Thanks for the suggestions....p.s. A trkyhunter I will respect the OGF policy and "not go there" ;) But also I would like to invite you to OHF to discuss the CONFLICT issues between your "take a kid hunting" signature and your comments about the pictures on my homepage... you do need guns to go hunting right? come on over and shoot the breeze :D your more than welcome

11. I have already tried to discuss my feelings on your site and had the whole thread deleted (only mentioned de-****** the place too) thus I'd rather not "go there" and be censored again ;)
    VERY Glad your back up and running... :D
    I've been there and done that and a lost backup data base by my server done me in... :(
    I would not wish that on anyone!!! Not even a **** backer :p

12. Fish2day

Fish2day member

It's a shame this thread will probably get locked down because i just want to say I like the new look JV. :)

13. Shouldn't get locked we're just playn... Being nice and having fun :)

14. JV1

JV1

It's been a long time since a JV post has been deleted ... and having one deleted is not my intention... I was not getting "locked" I was inviting you... for a discussion.. you know your welcome and you know the place...you also know you wont be censored ..... the last guy who said that to me i made him a mod... he is currently mad at us to but we still love him :rolleyes: (hello harry) I wish he would speak up becuase he keeps me on the ball..... You are more than welcome to post whatever's on your mind , I would also like for you to stop by and remind me what post was deleted becuase I truly dont remember... the only post EVER deleted was by bucktail... I bet your post is buried... if not start a new one... lets keep ohf buisness ohf buissness Your not gonna get me in trouble in this fancy place :D

15. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I miss the old JV! it's been a long time. many quality winter days debating :D

16. OK here goes....
    My original post simply stated:
    I believe you would acquire more members if you did not post political photos on your main page such as the ones you have with ****. Many outdoors man I talk to do not support him anymore just as an seemingly equal number still do... <--- or something posted to that affect though the wording may not be the same.
    That post was deleted and my membership on the forum deleted too. :(
    Maybe someone other then yourself did this dastardly crime against free speech and thought provoking comments?
    I do not and am not trying to tarnish you, your forum or your rep... PLEASE except my sincerest apologies if this comes across in that way...
    Now I cannot be bribed :eek: with anything... including $$$ to come back...
    well maybe $$$ ;)
    Will there be an offer on the table :p :D

17. i'm not avoiding jv site because of being censored. when i was made a mod i was given the "rules", the same ones that we were supposed to read when we joined the site, with the addition of the one were as a mod i wouldn't use my position to change or alter anyone's post. i could suggest that it be moved because it was in the wrong local. (one with profanity, not in the +18 section- or one with political content, not in the +18 area) it seems that these rules do not apply to all. 1st. an unwanted avitar was placed on my posts and then when the forum section was down i found lead page politics. both of these things would have ok in the proper section, +18, but both were else where, and both were placed there by jv. i'm realy disapointed. rules should apply to everyone on the site. it's his site, i guess he can do what he wants. he can do it with out me.

18. JV1

JV1

harry... i changed your avatar to make you laugh......sorry if it made you mad..... you had the power to move any posts that you judged should be moved, and you even busted ME in a situation where I posted in the wrong forum.... If I remember correctly after you busted me I did move the post....... are you saying you are not coming back? please let me know ............Hello JohnBoy yep its been a while.......and atrkyhntr im not going to pay you but i will welcome you .....you guys are always welcome

19. Fish2day

Fish2day member

No offense JV or John, but I don't give a rat's tail section about the old debates which JV entered. I miss his Lake Erie reports. I can't find them anywhere. In either forum. What happened JV, did you have to give up fishing or just posting?

20. Hey Harry, how you doing over here. I must admit a day without Harry is like a day without sunshine.

Harry, I don't know if you were on GFO (the one that's belly up), if so you know that political statements there would get more than a little out of hand at times, and many were and should have been zapped. On Joe's site we talked politics for months, no one got abusive (OK, me a little) to you, and guys, like Scooter, MR C, and many others gave you the upmost respect. It's proof that if left alone and not treated like children, as adults we worked it out. Right?

What I'm trying to say is that even though I did not agree with your warped views (just kiddin ya) I still respected you, and you were welcome to go out on my boat anytime (just no politics).

So Harry, just so you know, you were a big part of OHF and will be missed by all. Well, a couple anyway (another kid).

Just wanted to set the record right, and assure you I never moved or doctored any of your post. Not like some practical joker we know! "EH?"

Take care
    Stan