Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that lake Erie has white fish in it. I was told that commerical fisherman catch them in October and November around the maumee bay. Does anybody on here or that you might know catch them either accidentally or target them? Just curious to find out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I know that lake Erie has white fish in it. I was told that commerical fisherman catch them in October and November around the maumee bay. Does anybody on here or that you might know catch them either accidentally or target them? Just curious to find out.
There are a couple caught most years in November and December between Huron and vermilion.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I caught one through the ice years ago. At first nobody knew what it was. Made a slow day a little less boring. Good luck

·
Registered
357 Posts
Found 4 fresh ones floating Near Ashtabula years ago. Looked like they had just died. Should have kept them but I wasn't sure they were whitefish at the time. Never could figure what killed them. No nets in sight but a storm had just blown through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts