close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just wondering if anybody else watched 3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bmffishing247, Dec 12, 2004.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

It was really nice to see that black number 3 again. i really miss seeing it. they did a great job with the movie i think. the way they started it and he way they ended it. the way they told his life it was cool. i especially liked the ending when he got to meet up wih his father ralph again. just wanted to start a disscussion. tell us what you thought of the movie.

never forget 3
    BMFfishing247

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I did watch it also. I though it was a good movie and story of his life. The ending pictures of him and Dale Jr. were cool also. From what I remember of his life it was 99% true. Great job on making it.

3. DANG...
    I missed it:(

4. I thought it was a very accurate portrayal of his life. It's nice to see that they put a lot of effort in making sure of that. It went so fast, I felt as if they'd left a lot of his life out, but they can only fit so much into two hours. Even though we all knew how it ended, rewatching that Feb. day still made me sick to my stomach.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am with you Magis. I thought it went fast, but it like you said, only so much can go into a movie and not make it last for days.............In saying that I liked it, I was not much of a 3 fan. I did not really start watching until aroiund when he died.........It was neat to see this picture about his life. I have a whole new respect for him. I must also admit,maybe I am a sissy, but I did shed a tear at the end of the movie. Awesome show indeed!

6. three was REALLY good. it was realy cool to see his life story and all tht stuff. everytime its on, i will be sure to watch it.

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

yeah it was a great movie. If Earnhardt couldnt beat you, he would take you and his self out just so you couldn't win. Man do I miss him.

8. Don't worry atrkyhntr, since it's an ESPN movie they will play it a million times over the next few weeks so you'll have plenty of chances to catch the movie. :rolleyes:

I've never been a fan of Earnhardt and I'm still not but I'm sure Earnhardt fans will like it.

Steve

9. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Excellant Film. Funny, all of the film critics in the papers slammed it. Thats pretty usual for me - critics hate it = I LIKE IT!

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The thing I liked is that you don't have to like him to respect what he went through and what he did with his life and career. Sure there are other drivers that went through things and those who had the easy life and had to do nothing to get up there. Either way, he is a man who went from nothing to something. Many guys don't like that. Or the fact that he would "take" someone out. To me that is racing. If someone is in your way, give them a little bump. tell them to move it.

11. catking

catking Banned

Didn't see it. But starting next Saturday, I will be getting satallite tv :eek: I've only had 3 channels.............. Sounds like a good movie. I'll watch for it............... CATKING :)

12. I heard someting about a DVD with this movie and 5 MORE hours of footage. I've just begun getting into NASCAR but would really like to see this

13. I watched also but am not a NASCAR fan at all but I did think it was a really good movie. I do have a question though, was he really as big a jerk as the movie made him out to be? I'm not being disrespectfull to him or anything but to not have any heat in you house for you wife and baby so you can race seems pretty dumb to me. Seems like he was a terrible father and husband but that was the price he paid to be the best race car driver, or at least this was the way the movie made him out. Was most of the movie true or did they add some of these things to make a good movie?

14. I really don't know if the details were exactly true or not, but I think for the most part, it was accurate. The desire to race consumed the early part of his life and resulted in two failed marriages. I believe I read that, that, and dropping out of school were things that he always regretted.

15. That is a high price to pay for all the glory but I guess he did what he always wanted to do. From what I can gather he was able to build relationships with his kids later in life before he died, good thing he had forgiving kids.

16. Twistertail - any true racer will tell you if they have to go let it be on the track and behind the wheel.

PoleSnatcher - It releases tomorrow (14th). It's a double CD set with the movie and 5 hours of interviews and documentories (sp? :confused: ). You know what I asked for under the tree this year!

The movie was for the most part accurate but a few things were changed, i.e., Dale's mom found Ralph on the floor of the kitchen when he passed away. I did have a hard time watching it as I do about anything on him. He was the last of the grit-n-grind of the old NASCAR ("chrome horns" - those of you who know that term know what I am speaking of) but showed many of the new generation also how to be smooth behind the wheel and when to take the chance. Man I miss him... :(