Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Certified Hawg Master
689 Posts
WOW :eek:
They are lucky it wasnt any worse.
I wonder if Progressive insurance will replace the boat in a case like this? ? ? :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
The saddest thing about this story is that it has probably happened more than once over the years. Maybe not with these guys, but with others.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Lucky they weren't killed.

Boater #1: "Hey Bill, pay no attention to all that fuel sloshing around our feet...go ahead and fire that baby up!"

·
More Horsepower Raider!!
1,263 Posts
Hmm.. No wonder I dont have rod holders yet. Sounds like something that would happen to me .. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's natures way of thinning out the weakest (minded) in the herd!!! "J"

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Thinning the herd....ROFL :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,363 Posts
I have witnessed two deaths due to carelessness and stupidity.
The first was when two men uncovered a 24ft Lyman Islander and hit the starter without running the bilge fan. The boat blew up throwing one of the men toward me and my friends which were about fifty feet away on another dock while the other individual was nowhere to be seen. We pulled the one out of the water and waited for the ambulance and assumed he survived. The other was not found while we were in the area. There was only debris left on the water immediately after the explosion so we figured the other person went down with what was left of the craft.
The second was a fiberglas boat starting to burn at dockside. Everyone jumped off onto the dock and then one person jumped back on board just befor the boat fire intensified into a ball of flame. He/she never got off. I observed this from about 150 yards away and wondered why someone would get back aboard a burning boat. I never found out what caused the fire but it again reminded me how careful we must be when boating.
Last of all, I once had an 5hp outboard catch on fire. I quickly unscrewed the mount and threw it overboard. It was my uncle's Martin motor that never did run worth a darn. :D

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
:confused: What was that boy thinking! People never quit amazing me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts