close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just sharing some pictures

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by EE, Aug 10, 2007.

1. EE

EE

caught this brilliantly colored, male longear sunfish fishing the Darby about a week ago. Probably the most colorful freshwater fish I've ever caught.

[​IMG]

just got back from a family trip, did some pond fishing and the boys are proud of their catches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Great shots of the kids! Both look like they just set records.

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

I caught a fish just like the first one pictured about 6 weeks ago on the darby myself. Down around orient area.
    I had never seen one like that until then. And now of course.

4. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

When I get my 100 gallon tank set up again, I'm going to get a few creek fish and will have one or two of those guys, nothing prettier!
    Mike

5. If you are close to Johnstown I would enjoy seeing the boys catch some fish from my pond, they my be a little larger than those fish but not larger than there smiles.

6. Great Pics Erik!! Was good to hear you got out especially with them boys!! Hope to hook up soon!!

7. iwas lookin at the new odnr website and it dont have fish ID OR STATE RECORDS FOR OHIO.........EE i thought that looked like a pupkinseed but the long ear seems to be right......a perty fish ther was someone on here that had a tank full off gills crappie bass was a cool set up..........just cant remember who it was........stuck at home.......id like to see pics of your tank when you get it done........mid

8. EE

EE

yep I also considered the pumpkinseed as a possibility, but cleared it up after some reading and browsing. They are really cool and to be honest, the picture doesn't do it's colors justice....... it's belly was as bright red/orange as I've ever seen on a fish. I'm also going to try and set up a freshwater tank in my biology classroom this year (had one a few years ago with bass in it), it'd be pretty cool to get one each of the common species of central ohio!

Slim, I see you're still tearing it up over at O'shay, now you're messing with the kitties eh? I'll give you a call.... we'll definitely hook up soon.....

Leupy, I'll take that as an official invite! :p We don't get out that way much though, but that's real cool to offer!

9. StuckAtHome

I've always thought those were pumkinseeds, I could be wrong, there are alot of different types of bluegills found in moving waters, funny thing is you almost never get a true bluegill like you see in ponds, warmouths, green sunfish, longears, pumkinseeds to name a few off the top of my head. I'll have to do some research!
    FUN!

UPDATE: Looks like a pumkinseed to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lepomis_gibbosus.jpg

10. EE

EE

11. StuckAtHome

I believe you are correct, I should have looked at the longear picture when I was looking, saw the pumkinseed one and thought BINGO. I never knew they looked so similar, you learn something new everyday, and you find that you are wrong that often too.
    Mike

12. EE

EE

you and me both brother! :p I was calling it a pumkinseed around all of our friends the afternoon I caught it..... with all of the species and varieties (and hybrids), I'm going to start calling them all "some kind of colorful panfish"!

13. StuckAtHome

I'll stick with calling it a sauger. (inside joke)