Just Sayin'...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buick Riviera, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

The new web site of Bass Pro Shops is a piece of crap and they couldn't have picked a worse time of year to roll it out. You could die of old age waiting for that new, counter intuitive site to load (assuming you could figure out how to navigate it in the first place).

Ranger Boats made the same mistake. They tried to get all fancy instead of sticking to the basics and making the their web site user friendly.

Bass Pro Shops takes the cake though. Heads should roll over that one.

Buick

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I didn't think bass pro's was bad at all... JIMO
    A lot of ads though... what can ya do :p

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

yeah the new site is a piece of crap. i hate it.

4. I received an email from basspro saying they are sorry for the glitches in the new website and they would like to offer $20 for the inconvenience, the only problem is in the small print it says you have to spend $100 to get the 20 off. Anyone else receive this email?

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

The BPS website has always been slow, even before these changes. Doesn't make any sense. It takes forever to do anything.

6. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Yeah I agree the new site does suck pretty bad. I like Ranger's new website, the boat model pages are exactly the same just the homepage and some of the top navs are different, at least it's not slow.

The WORSE new site is Frank's great outdoors...SUCKS....you will litterly fall asleep trying to load it on top of that you can't find anything, I probably spent 500 bucks there last year online, they won't get another dime from me until they get a new server..... Big mistake and I bet there orders are WAY down.

Oh and Gander Moutain's new site sucks too....way to slow...for the life of me I can't figure out why these large retailers skimp so bad on the servers...go dedicated or go home.

7. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Yeah, I got it. And the same day Cabela's announced the same deal for 5 days and their site is smokin'.

Buick