Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well at my age I expect to have brain farts but this one was a beaut. got everything loaded sat morning and had a great trip up to Geneva. then was talking to my son about going fishing sun or just setting up the camper. then it dawned on me that we didn't have our gps/fishfinder. I had left it on a shelf in my bedroom at home. so how stupid can you be to drive 335 miles then remember you didn't bring the most important piece of gear you own??

I did get a great offer from lil goose he offered to let us follow him around today and get us on some fish and get us back home. but my son decided he was going to drive back home today and get our gps/fishfinder so we can get started fishing on our own. good luck to all of you out there fishing.

so far I have beat my wife 4 out of 5 games of farkel, LOL.
sherman

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Reminds of the time I drove out to Mosquito and forgot the keys to the boat ignition...Talk about feeling stupid.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I will remember to grab the stupidest little things Ill never need but forget the most important stuff.

A few times I have went to put the kayak in the water and realized I didn't bring my paddle or forgot my bucket of bait. But Im sure I had an extra knife, roll of tape, spool of rope, and a flashlight (on a daylight trip). Stuff I never use.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sherman,
This seriously begs the question: What do you need a fishfinder in your bedroom for??? :T:T:T:D
workdog I wont even venture to go there, LOL. but I have just had so much stuff stolen out of the pole barn my bedroom is just the safest place for anything I want to keep. I have all my dewalt 18 volt tools in a plastic storage box under my bed. I've already had to replce everything once when I kept them in the pole barn.

and yes fishing poles are very important but on erie on the central basin a gps can be very important. we could have just went out until we seen some boats and fished but without knowing how deep to set your baits your not going to catch much. and then every time you come back in you have to find the harbor and its much easier with a gps.

my son just made the trip back home and got our unit so we will be fishing tomorrow.
sherman

·
Registered
805 Posts
If it makes you feel anybetter I'm only 27 and just earlier this year I woke up bright and early all excited to go fishing. Luckily only had a 30 minute drive to a local lake to realize that the fishing poles I usually keep in my car where actually sitting in the corner of my bedroom because I took them out of my trunk the day before because I needed the space for a cooler. I drove home in a sour mood and never did get to fish that day :-/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Latest one for me was yesterday I drove from campgrounds at Oak Harbor to about 20 miles south of Tiffin and remembered I had not turned off the coffee pot. Had to turn around... Worst case is, I have said I Do a few times and have on occasion called one wife by an Ex's name.. Gets there attention real quick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts