close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just got back from mazatlan mexico!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pwrmaster7, Aug 10, 2004.

1. went out on a charter with 3 other americans i met down there. we started off tuna fishing and had 20 tuna within the first 2 hours, all ranging between 10-20 lbs. after that we set our eyes on the billfish. we all ended up catching a sailfish each. we were going to catch and release all of them but the 1st one died on the boat so we kept it. i am getting it taxidermied as we speak. the sailfish i caught is 9 ft long and 102 lbs. fought the thing for 15 minutes because it kept diving on me. manwhat a rush. my arms burned so bad it wasnt even funny. if any of you ever get the chance to go down there make sure u go fishing!!

tom

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I really don't have any interest in ocean fishing, but That really makes it sound like it would be fun to try it out. :)

3. catking

catking Banned

Do you get to keep any of the tuna??? Sounds like a great trip !!! THE CATKING !!! :)

4. sounds like you had a blast me and my wife went to cancun for honeymoon 11 years ago and took a charter it was the best charter i have went on man they put you on the fish . we caught tuna all day long up to 40 pounds you talk about being sore i know what your talking about hope your fish turns out good

5. the restaurant at the resort we stayed at prepared them and cooked them for 6 bux a persona nd dang it was good. had them as tuna steaks. gave some to the captain and mate etc because we had way too much for us lol. was most fun ive ever had fishing. man what a rush and my arm finally feels better a week later lol. i really thought i had torn my bicep it hurt so bad.