close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just bought a brand new boat.

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Bapenn, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I just bought a brand new 18ft center console with a 90hp merc optimax. It has a 15 degree deadrise and was wandering how that will handle a Lake Erie chop? Now I know I am going to get wet but I want fishability. I was not going to take this thing out in 3-5 footers but was wandering if anyone knew how 1-3's would do. The dealer is still getting it ready and can't wait to break it in for some good fishing. I'll post some pics of it when they get done with it. I will use it mainly for mosquito, berlin, west branch but I will be making runs up to Erie for perch and close in walleye.

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

What make of boat is it...??? It will more than likely be fine to run it out further and calm days. You'll just have to become comfortable with the lake and check the weather forcast. Also, you'll want to be observant of the little storms that can popup that usually aren't in the forcast.

3. It is a Sea Boss. Built for salt water. They are a new company that started in 2003

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Nice ride...! Pick your days and you'll do fine on Erie.

5. I have a starcraft 21 footer center console. You will do just fine in
    1 to 3 footers. 2 to 4 footers a little hard to handle but fishable.
    You should be able to run 8 to miles out on a nice day.

6. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

i have a 16 fter with a 70 hp that i have had out to the sand bar and then some on erie. i still pick my days to go, just like everyone else said pick your days and have some fun. dont forget compass,marine ship to shore radio with a good antenna plus a gps and all the other necessary items