close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just back from Northern Ontario

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Hoosierfisherman, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Hoosierfisherman

Hoosierfisherman Hardcore Fisherman

Hey Gang,

I just got back from my trip to Northern Ontario. We had a great time. We caught malaria, west nile, and several pike and smallies. On opening day (SAT) we caught 20 smallies between the 4 of us. The smallest was 17" and the largest was 22" and weighed nearly 6 lbs.

The highlight of the trip was when my buddy caught a 42" pike on a top water Zara Spook. It weighed a little over 30 lbs. VERY fat! We took 2 pics and tried to release her. Unfortunatly, she could go back. The fight took to much out of her. We tried for 20 minutes to revive her but it didn't work. I didn't take the digital camera this time so all I have is regular pictures. If someone wants I could mail you a picture and you could post it!

What a great time. If anyone wants any ideas/suggestions on where to go let me know.

Also, there were 2 families from Ohio at the Lodge I stayed at. One family from around Toledo and one family from Van Wert. Both were retired school teachers.

More Later,

Shane

2. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the report !!! That is excellent pike and smallie fishin. I hear ya about them skeeters up there :eek: THE CATKING !!!

3. Hoosierfisherman

Hoosierfisherman Hardcore Fisherman

Hey cat, do you mean thoes things buzzing your head with landing lights?

shane

You know that is the Canadian State Bird don't you?