Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the just south of Clearwater beach and the fishing was pretty good. I did all of my fishing in the surf or at pier 60 in Clearwater. I caught alot of Blues, Spanish Macks and Lady fish on the pier but the real fishing was at Indian Rocks Beach south of Clearwater. I went to the beach with my wife and some family thinking we would just be laying out and doing some shell hunting. ( Some of my favorite things.):eek: I was just about ready to sit down when the sea gulls started going nuts about 50 yards off shore. I grabbed my spinning combo rigged with a silver gotcha plug and threw it right in the middle of the bait fish and hooked up. What a amazing fight this fish put up. Finally got it in after about five nice runs of line coming off the reel. It was a real nice 6 to 7 pound Jack Crevelle. I was hook after that. Caught a few more and was loving life. It was a great trip. Here are some pics.

If you ever make it down that way take your bass rod and get you some plugs and watch for the birds. Its a great time.

·
Angler
20 Posts
I can't wait to get back to surf fishing this summer in North Carolina. Your pics are making me turn green with envy.;)

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I'll be in Ocean Ilse in September. The surf fishing is great down there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts