close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just a thought

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by williamonica0214, Nov 9, 2007.

1. I was wondering if OGF could put on a bass tourny . maybe like a mini hawg fest. Has this ever been tried ?

2. That's a great idea - and i've thought that too.

Where would it be though? Since there's members from all over the state - Erie is the obvious choice for walleye, but what about bass?

Hey - aren't you moving this month??

3. I was thinking Berlin, portage or skeeter.

4. Why not Lake Erie. There's alot of bass in that lake. All the way from the Bass Islands to Erie, PA.

5. anybody can catch a bass , now a real fish is a differant story. lol .

6. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

exactly bounty, i mean, how hard is it to cast a shallow water rock pile?? Now, trying to find walleye 5-20 miles off shore--that my friend isnt easy :)

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

that a boy, way to stir the pot buddy:p it's not even snowing yet. yea.....:D hey george, if you need some help finding those deep fish let me know..i know a place:)

8. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

yea isnt that the truth tom, i pulled my boat last saturday and im kicking my self in the arse for it, oh well thats how the dice rolls. I may head down to 72nd and cast untill may comes. Ill be seeing you down geneva alot next summer hopefully.

9. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

How about getting taking everyones idea of where they would like it to be held then put the names in a hat and draw one out?

10. Thats a good idea about putting lake names in a drawing . As for haveing it on erie the hawg feast is already there. I was thing of something for guys that like to bass fish in land lakes. Also catching bass isn't as easy as you try to make it sound,but i agree it is hard getting walleye too but we already have something for the guys that liks to chase walleyes

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I second inland lakes as it gives the guys with smaller boats a chance to fish

12. I would like to see this tourny held on Mosquito or Portage. NOW for all you LEECH DRAGGIN', MINNOW DRIFTIN, WORM HARNESS PULLIN SISSY'S out there that think bass fishing is easy I have a few things I need to say about that. What about finding a rock pile in the middle of lake erie that is no bigger than a small car while 4-6 foot waves bash your boat around? Or having the patience to pick apart a brush pile with a flippin' rod? How about working a deep ledge with a drop shot rig in 90 degree heat? Yes at certaine times of the year all kinds of fish can seem easy to catch but not all the time. Besides who in there right mind would want to catch a fish that fights like a WET RAG! If walleye Tourneys did not allow live bait or trolling (like all bass tourneys) then alot of your so called "pro walleye fisherman" would have to find day jobs. I see all you guys posts on the lake erie forum. "oh its to windy, or its to cold, or (and I love this one) it was raining!! You hardley ever here bass fisherman talk like this. PLEASE let me know what you all think.

Just kidding guys!! Any kind of fishing is good fishing!:D

13. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

you saved yourself there, i was reading every line of your reply in agony, just thumping my head off my keyboard, thinking this guy can notttt be serious, it was a joke. But, to answer some of your questions, i dont pull leeches, minners, or drift. Im a dipsy pulling planer board running circus freak frog who has been know to drag a few rigger balls. ( EZ's favorite spoon, if i may add). Onto, rock pile in the middle of the lake, that my friend is why you have charts, or maps for all you un-nautical fools out there. Us walleye guys, we look at a chart and just see the same thing for miles.....flat bottom, but we dont care, we're fishing 30-50 ft down in 80 fow, who cares whats on the bottom. Now onto the 4-6's, your little open cabin alumacrafts cant hang with the erie demons eh? Buy a thompson hardtop, trophy, baja, ect and come out and play with the big boys who are loving life 18+ miles from nowhere. deep ledge with a dropshot 90 degree heat? been there done that, 20 miles off with no shade. Hell with the deep ledge, go hug the shoreline and flip a few willow trees, your noggin wont get burnt then. catch a fish that fights like a rag? well thats just dumb, i really have no reply to that, I mean, like i said, this isnt 6fow we are talking, we are pulling these fish out of 80foot, and battling them in 200 foot behind the boat. No trolling in walleye tourny's? fine by me, no casting/pitching/skipping/underhanding or whatever the hell else you guys do for bass, think you can still produce? To windy or cold? Naaa, we dont play in the kiddie pool where if we go overboard our shins may get wet, Let a good Nor'easter roll up on you blowing 25knts once. you love the rain one? yea so do i, ill just duck under my hardtop and watch the rods, fine by me, but having 10 rods out subject to lightning in the middle of the lake? ill head in, call me dumb, but dont call me burnt. Thats called common sense, and when sense isnt common--thats why i have a job--im in the us coast guard if you dont have time to read my profile.

*****please please please, dont take any offense, anyone. Like stated above this was all in good fun, Everyone has that certain species that gets them going, mine, just happens to be for men. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  14. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I think the reason I find walleye fishing so easy is because I am a ole time bass fisherman! Ouch!

15. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

You ok? you finally fell back to reality i guess huh? :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. I have a self imposed rule..I only target fish that can hurt me real bad if I mishandle them so no bass tourneys for me. George,good hearin from ya.Keep in touch.

17. If this tourney was to happen it should be held on a weekend that the bigger ohio circuits don't have anything going on. A two day event would be great!

18. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

A two day would be nice but would probably keep some from particapating ( because of work or wives won't let them go ofr more than one day, etc, etc) so a one day event would probably suit more people. Just my opinon