Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion. What is the best largemouth body of water in SW Ohio in the cincy/dayton area.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile appI

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buzz.

So far small ponds have done it for me too. I'm just looking for a bigger fish.
Thanks for the reply.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
if you don't have access to any farm ponds I would say Brookville lake over in s/e Indiana. its a really nice lake and has a good population of lm bass along with walleyes and crappie white bass and stripers cat fish and even some nice gills. and a great lake to just play on the water. it has plenty of coves that's idle zones where you can fish and get off the main lake.
sherman

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
id have to agree with sherman...brookville has a lot of nice bass...too far of a drive for me though so i usually stick to CC..there are some really nice bass to be had there..they just dont come easy

·
Banned
6,234 Posts
We had the ODNR Southwest district fish biologist Manager at our last meet and greet...she told us that her top 2 Bass lakes for size and number in her district were Acton and Rocky Fork.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
We had the ODNR Southwest district fish biologist Manager at our last meet and greet...she told us that her top 2 Bass lakes for size and number in her district were Acton and Rocky Fork.
Ive fished both of those and id say as far as production based on amount of fishing pressure id say those are good options. Rocky fork is always packed and has a tremendous population of 15" to 17" bass. I dont fish it too much for bass anymore....there are other public waters that I have better luck on. I'm sure others have more productive spots too but I think those spots will be left out of this post.

To put it simply....get out, fish, and find the waters that produce for your fishing style.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am out every weekend and days that I am home.glad my wife understands. Just want to try new water. I've got a few places I want to try but would like a partner.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.