close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just a funny story. Never heard of anything like this.

Discussion in 'OGF Comedy Corner' started by Slabs!, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, California, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 ft. Bayliner to perform. It wouldn't get on a plane at all, and it was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power was applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted to a nearby marina, thinking someone there could tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the outdrive went up and down, the prop was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard. NOW REMEMBER ... THIS IS TRUE ... Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer!

2. About the same effect as barnacles I suppose...that is hilarious!
    z

3. I've heard that told before. I'm not so sure it's true. Now if you had told me it was on Hoover and the boat said Misfit on it, then I might believe it!!!:D

4. out of currosity, where is ther truck??? That would mean, they could drive up the ramp and then get in the truck and drive away, Right???? That is very funny.

5. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

they did something like that on mythbusters

6. I actually witnessed this exact same thing happen on Lake Cumberland about 20 years ago. Some college kids had borrowed mommy and daddy's boat for the weekend.

7. So what happened to the Truck????

8. sounds like the had unhooked the trailer at the ramp so the truck is in the parking lot!!