close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Junk in my gas tank

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by I'm G'na Ms Her, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Hey guys, sure could use some help. I got some junk in my gas tank that plugs the outlet (I know that's not the right word but I'm drawing a blank) to the fuel pump. Went through a process of elimination/lucky guesses too long to list but I have no doubt that's the problem. Runs fine at idle but at 2,500-3,000 RPM she staves for fuel at 3 miniutes. My problem is that they molded the floor over the tank so I can't pull the tank. There's a small access plate for the fuel filler hose but the outlet is buried. I'm just at a loss as to what I can do to try to clean this out.

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

junk in your tank? is it a metal tank? rust maybe? but i think you may have an air leak somewhere. check all fittings and hoses for cracks or loose fittings .other than that try it with a remote tank to get an idea if it is the gas tank or the gas. if it is molded in theres not much you can do. how old is the boat? try some additive for water in your tank could be moisture build up. make sure the vent for the built in tank is not obstructed with larvae .post up if none of these ideas work.