close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Junk drawers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezbite, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

image.jpg Tonight I was up stairs thinking I'm going to downsize.. You know throw out crap you haven't used in years.. I go to my desk in a spare room, open it up and man, memories flow, needless to say only old cords and old batteries got the boot.. See number 66? That's me (i think it was 1974 DAMN!!) when just me and my step dad Bud Williams (Korean was vet) took his convertible Cadillac eldorado down to ft Myers for a weekend.. . I looked good. Lol he also gave me that compass in the drawer.. I loved that man and now that drawer.. Do you have one??

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Daveo76, Rich B, Ruminator and 3 others like this.
  2. ezbite

3. Who was the opening band for Metallica?

ezbite likes this.
  4. I knew you couldn't be all bad after seeing the metallica ticket !! Hard to part with anything and when you do, where did I put that !!

ezbite likes this.
  5. Not one drawer, but several. Like you I've tried to clean them out but end up spending an hour reminiscing & throwing virtually nothing out. The bottom drawer on the old wooden gun cabinet is my biggest collection ; old hunting licenses from Dad, old knives, & a thousand other memories.

Great idea for a thread, too !!! Think I'll "clean" that drawer up this weekend.

James F, backfar, ezbite and 3 others like this.
  6. I looked through my junk drawer and I still have my "Mr. Quarterback" hand held video game from God only knows what year. Does not work but still have it. Wish I would have kept all my G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip...

Ruminator, ezbite and Saugeyefisher like this.
  7. bobk

bobk

I have plenty of those drawers as well. I planned to pitch stuff too. It all ended up in plastic containers now out in the garage rafter. Looks better in the house but I still have the memories to go through when the feeling hits me.

8. ezbite

i have no idea, back then i couldnt of told you who the opener was the day after the concert :confused:

Masterbaiter66 likes this.
  9. Saugeye Tom

Saugeye Tom River Pilgrim & Sojourner

Black Sabbath

ezbite likes this.
  10. Black Sabbath opened for.metallica? Wow....

ezbite likes this.
  11. ezbite

Believe it or not it's possible.. Metallica is the greatest metal band ever.. However, I would of remembered that.. But I did go to oz fest and well blurred. I love me some ozzy but no metal band has ever been better Than Metallica!!.

12. My desk middle drawer is my junk drawer......all sorts of odds and ends in their including pocket knives, thumb drives and misc. hardware besides other "stuff".

We also have 3 communal junk drawere in the kitchen with tools, appliance manuals, tapes, velcro, etc.........it never ends even though we decluttered 4 years ago when we downsized.

ezbite likes this.
  13. James F

James F Senior Member

My junk is always falling out of my drawers:oops:

14. ezbite

YeR assssssery

15. Specgrade

Specgrade Wannabe Worm Drowner

I saw the Mighty Met when they opened for Ozzy in '86. Awesome! It was a couple of months before Cliff died...so sad.

ezbite likes this.
  16. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

There's a magazine cartoon where someone is holding a ball point pen that doesn't work, saying "I'm going to put you back in that drawer until you work again!"

17. Did it look like my Mom? She's got dozens of non-functioning ballpoints! Throw @ least 1 away each time I make a grocery list for her & still don't seem to be thinning her collection....

ezbite likes this.
  18. ress

ress

Gawd thats funny James F !

ezbite likes this.
  19. Did you spend time at the ledges back in the 80s losing track of time partying? Those were the days.....

ezbite likes this.
  20. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

Household junk - when you need something, and you know you have one somewhere but you can't find it so you buy another - that's when the Crap is Winning.

Or, how about when you stuff the junk drawer so full that something gets snagged and the drawer won't even open? That's when the Crap is secure. You lose and start a new junk drawer.

ezbite likes this.