Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was walking in live fish area and saw LM bass for sale...It must be legal,I always throw them back,never ate one before.Seems odd to see...To me atleast.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
Yeah they have been selling them for awhile now. If I am going to buy fish though, I tend to buy a saltwater fish or a fish I can't catch around here. LM bass are pretty good, my dad is a big fan of them so we keep a few here and there, usually the ones in the 14 inch range. Anything bigger go back in the water.

They also had some monster bluegill for awhile (they still might) I am not sure though. They also have had rainbow trout and channel catfish swimming in tanks.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Bass is great! I used to eat it all the time. My grandfather would rather have it over walleye or perch.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Jungles is always a trip! never know what you're gonna see in there, lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ever eat their eels? Those things live in the package until you get them home, and continue to move in the pan.

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
I was raised eating lm bass and bluegills.....I always liked bass.... some of the best eating I've ever had was smallies from lake erie.... Their is a stigma about bass eating from many, but I do as I please and don't worry about others....I seldom eat fish now, but when I do, I head up the lake and catch a few gills and bass.....just a few.....THE CATKING !!!

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Ever eat their eels? Those things live in the package until you get them home, and continue to move in the pan.
I wouldn't eat it anyway but if it was wiggleing in the package, it would never make it in the pan. YUK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts