Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is heading up for the week feel free to reach out and I’d be happy to work with ya. I have no idea where the bite is or what they are hitting but I’ll be trolling till I figure it out!

Should be nice weather out in the early A.M but pretty hot as the day gets going.

I’m assuming they are all over at this point but if anyone is working a spot feel free to share ;).

Good luck all!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bite has been good by rattlesnake Island to couple miles west been pulling spoons and dipseys hope this helps

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
West reef area was ok. I honestly forget our best leads there Friday. I think 30 jets 65 back gold harness and thunderstick jr 85 I think. Small profile. Bandits are just too big in my opinion. Tipping jr’s with a tiny piece worm too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We ended up North of Kelly’s near the shoal/border. We got our limit but it was work. Great quality fish 1 short and some trash fish along the way. We averaged around 23-25 but did sneak in a few 18-20.

Listen to me talking like I’m bummed to catch that size. How spoiled are we?

Lots of fish just west of Gull Island Shoal as well.
QUOTE="WillyDub, post: 3087132, member: 20348"]
Absolutely helps! Appreciate it!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fished all around Gull Island ended up 10 quite few shorts and trash fish. It was good working with WillyDub. Ran bandits, WNC Reapers and Flicker Minnows Bandits were the best. Best lead was 45 back 2.2 speed. The bugs got bad.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was my pleasure. We have fished hard all week. Lots of shorts and trash fish up near Gull but the eyes are there. We didn’t kill them by any means but have some nice bags to show for it. The Bandits stopped working Brit anything but cats so we put the spoons out anywhere from 20-40 and picked our way through them.

Last day for is tomorrow early AM and we are going to try a different location see how we do
Fished all around Gull Island ended up 10 quite few shorts and trash fish. It was good working with WillyDub. Ran bandits, WNC Reapers and Flicker Minnows Bandits were the best. Best lead was 45 back 2.2 speed. The bugs got bad.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We took 2 quick keepers and then after about an hour made the decision to call it for the day. Old man was feeling his age and we had all 6 lines go off 3 times…with not one keeper eye.

Tons of Shorts and Sheep. Got to the point where we were reloading every 5 minutes for not much in the way of reward. Both fish we kept were around 17-19 inches and it just wasn’t enough to keep us going in the fog and bugs!

All in all fun trip with a limit of two sandwiched in with a few tough days. Weather and waves were great though so certainly can’t complain. We are so spoiled these last couple of years!

Hope you get into them again today Willy, let us know after off the water. Good luck out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts