jumbos

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JimmyZ, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Made it out perch fishing since duck hunting for me has been slow. I caught 19 in all. Had some small fish I let go and I missed a lot. I haven't perch fished in a long while, but these seemed to be the lightest biting perch I can remember. It was great feeling those jumbos on the other end with a 5ft ultra-lite. I used a spreader with minnows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looks like some good eating nice job

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Nice Fish for sure!!!
    Were you fishing the shallow bite?
    How have the crappies been treatin ya?
    Again contratz on the :B

4. Great catch ! are those lake erie perch ?

5. I'm sure they came in from the lake. There are a lot of fish in the maumee bay. They were catching them really good before the wind blew last week. It finally settled down. I got those in 10 f.o.w.

6. beach5

beach5 Eat, sleep, fish..repeat

[​IMG][/IMG]

We caught a few in the area between Lost Peninsula marina and the ship channel......N. Maumee bay I think. 5-6 FOW. Very light bite in the mud. About 10% were jumbos. Rest were 6-9". 2 limits in 5 times out. Nice not to have to run out for them. Watch the sanbars in that area if you are going. There are a few that run paralllel to the ship channel. Sometimes the birds are standing on them......sometimes not :mad:

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I firgured. If it weren't so much of A drive we'd deff. be hitting those areas. Thanks for the info guys

8. Watch the sanbars in that area if you are going. There are a few that run paralllel to the ship channel. Sometimes the birds are standing on them......sometimes not :mad:

Some of those are not sand bars. There is a dump area out there where dredging's from the shipping channel were dumped. I want to say on the south side or something. I think lake maps have it marked. Very bad stuff to hit, especially at a high speed. I was not out that far.