close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

July 3rd Sinking boat at Mosquito Pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Check this out.. anyone know this boat?

[​IMG]

2. Is that boat in tow or on its own? Is anyone in it? Did it deep six? Sorry for so many questions.

3. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

My buddy and I rescued three people that capsized a bassboat at Mosquito about ten years ago. It didn't sink so we tied a rope to the bow eye and towed it back to the state park ramp on the south end of the lake upside down. It was chilly weather with a stiff north wind. Once we got it back to the ramp the two guys who were operating it got in the water and turned it right side up and loaded it on the trailer with the plug pulled so the water could run out. They had a lady with them and she was pretty cold. We had her wrapped in a piece of carpeting on the way in. I told them all to get in their truck and run the heater full blast so they wouldn't get Hypothermia. We never saw them again after that. I hope they were all oky.

4. That is the DNR towing the boat back from the east side of lake back towards the west side state park ramp. I think the boaters were safe and in the DNR boat. My guess is they were going too fast along the shoreline. The boat was close to an area with concrete/rebarb that is out in the middle of know where (about 1 1/2 foot below surface)! I could definately see the motor being torn off for hitting there.

5. they had a boat burn at the ramp at east fork last weekend. the guy was trying to get it to start iwith starting fluid. he hit the key and up went his boat. be safe out there guys, any of us could be that guy.

6. Watched a guy loose his truck and trailer at Berlin last year! Gonzo! :p Never put it in park.

7. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I watched a guy try to load his boat at Lake Logan & his truck wasnt in Gear & went strait back into the lake. His Boat was Floating, But his New Toyota was fully under water. It was a sight to see :(