close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jr. To Race for Hendrick!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bassattacker, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Jr. to race for Hendrick starting 2008, Kyle Busch out, so what do you all think?

me i think Jr. will do fine at Hendrick Motorsports in which there now calling the SuperTeam with the addition of Jr.

2. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

This is awesome news. The Hendrick program is so strong now. They passed DEI even on the plate program.

So, Stretch, I guess I will have to quit giving you so much crap about Jimmie.

And, I'll have let up on that 24 car too. :D

Jr. just got a lot closer to a cup championship!!

Jeff

3. Jr. is certainly a gifted driver, I would rate him in the top 10, but I don't think right now he cracks the top 5. However, moving to Hendricks will increase his chances of winning a championship someday. Certainly a great move for him!
    z

4. I was hoping he was going to go to RCR with my boy Clint. That is going to be one hell of a strong team (like it wasn't before). I am little surprised the are dumping Busch and not Mears though. Was anyone else out there with us in the rain on Sunday in PA?

5. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

where did you get this info... i have yet to find proof of it anywhere.... ill believe it when he makes a press release

*correction*
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6918422

nevermind i found proof :D they have a video of the conference lol

6. yeah its been all over the racing websites and nascar.com had the live news confrence on there site watched the whole thing, jr. seemed more relaxed about this and hendrick seemed really anxious to get going next year, granted hes going to have a super team and all the news reporters that they was talking with after the confrence stated they wouldnt doubt for hendrick to be a team to wreckin with for the next 10 years.

7. sporty

In the press conference there was some mention of Busch had been looking elsewhere and they had been trying to get a contract with him.

8. TheSonicMarauder

Gordon, Johnson, Jr, and yes even Casey Mears is gonna be one THE most dominate teams in nascar(10 of the last 12 thats more then impressive)...kyle busch is a great driver and i wish him the best of luck in the future but hendrick has just taken team building to Steinbrenner/Yankee/"Mutants bred in the basement for a single purpose" status... he's got the best equipment and crew members that money can buy.. everything runs smoothly in operations.. and now hes got a driver lineup that can dominate the series. the #25 at HMS has always played second fiddle to superstars(the days of ricky craven and schrader) but casey mears is a very talented driver with the determination to win and i think he will win a few more in his lifetime

one funny fact is.... hendricks first nascar win was with dale earnhardt behind the wheel

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i guess junior finally decided it was time to join 'em since he couldn't beat 'em:D
    it's a great team for sure,but it's gonna change the picture with him being teammates of j&j instead of being the "enemy":(
    i liked those times,but i guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.and i think will help junior in the long run.much as i hate seeing him teamed with those guys,i'm sticking with him cause i'm a "driver" fan,not a "team" fan;)

10. sporty

Hahahaha!!

Misfit - me too (ask Stretch) :D.

11. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Who's junior?

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

shouldn't you be in the basement playing hockey?:p :D

13. Grumpy

Grandson went home.:) Is Junior that guy who's always trying to keep up with Tony Stewart? You know, that goober that drives that funny red car that seldom makes it thru the race.

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.you're really pushin' it now.when did you say you were gonna be on the lake again(in the starcraft sled)?:p

15. Grumpy

Will be on the lake tomorrow morning at the crack of noon.:B

16. Is Budweiser going with JR. ? I was sure wishing he would of went with Gibbs.

17. TheSonicMarauder

well budweiser does have a contract with jr and Jr. Motorsports through the end of 2008... this is what i posted previously... i got this off of juniors official site

"Budweiser, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and DEI have enjoyed a great relationship since 1999. Dale Jr. and his father before him have been excellent and loyal ambassadors for our company and the sport of nascar. Budweiser and JR Motorsports have an agreement in place to ensure Dale Jr. will continue to personally represent Budweiser through 2008, and we look forward to discussing our future with Dale Jr. and DEI in the weeks ahead"

18. sporty

In the press conf. they said the car number and sponser has not been worked out.

The Jr./Bud combination is a marketing monster. I would bet Bud goes with him. Note the "Budweiser and JR Motorsports have an agreement". Could be Bud on a Jr. Motorsports Busch car.

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think like any other big corp.,they'll go where the money is.and i think we all know where that is;)
    hard to find someone besides junior to get a bigger bang for their buck.