close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joined at last and a good day yesterday

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jellywormer, Apr 16, 2004.

1. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Just wanted to say hi to everybody. I am finally on board here at OGFC. I see some familiar names swimming around. Hope everyone is taking advantage of the weather! I went out fishing to my local pond yesterday and caught a 5 1/2 pounder on a wild thang jr. in about 10 inches of water on a mud flat. It was great! I will post a pic when I get the roll developed (man I need to get a digital camera).
    I went today as well and my wife caught a nice one on a spinnerbait and I lost two on the wild thang jr. Warm out but an enormous amount of wind that made it difficult in my pond boat.

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Glad to see someone is catching something good. Im hopen to get out this weekend and hook a hawg!

3. Hey Bass_Hawg - Any news on Kiser yet this spring????

4. Nice bass! I’ve been looking for one like that since ice-out! I will be breaking out the creature baits this weekend. How do you rig your creature baits? I usually do best weightless, but I’m thinking that I might add some weight this early in the year.

5. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

Of the creature baits, the Wild Thang jr.'s are very,very light and difficult to cast. I believe I was using a 1/8 sinker. Generally I use as little weight as possible when I fish plastics (my primary bait)Actually I prefer 1/64 sinkers in the summer with 8 -10 inch worms and 1/32 with 6inch or smaller. Occasionally the situation will call for heavy duty sinkers but I rarely find myself in that situation in Ohio.

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jelly:
    Glad to see you made it. We hope you enjoy our site. Check around there is a ton of stuff on here, as well as somethings to keep you entertained.

7. Congrats on the bass! THat is one BEAUTY of a fish! :D

8. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

None that I have herd. I used to know someone who fished Kiser all the time but they are no longer in the area. I havent heard anything about it in a while actually. I just might half to go out there and see for myself soon.

Sorry Fish-N-Fool