Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Johnson outboard

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RiPpInLiPs614, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but does anyone happen to live near the Marysville area and waznna make a quick $20 Lol? I just bought a 1994 Johnson 25hp outboard and pulled the rope and it got locked up inside because it was frayed.
    I pulled the top off and got it out and cut it a little shorter and now for the life of me I cannot get it to retract back in. I can manually wind it up and pull it and it'll start. I know it's something stupid I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!
    Djgrizz1 likes this.
  2. kinda sounds like the spring jumped, check the re wind spring... if the rope is limp and hangin out if so ya might have to remove it and wind spring back up ..

3. Ok thank you. I'll try and figure it out lol
  4. Take the rope all the way out and then wind the pulley up and hold it and put the rope back in and knot it should wind back up if the spring is hooked easy fix
  5. I will try this tomorrow. Really hoping I can get this fixed.
  6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

YouTube it. It's easy
  7. I can't seem to find a video on YouTube showing the exact configuration of this motor:(
  8. You might want to post this in the Lounge. May reach a lot more people who would be knowledgeable on this subject.
    Skippy likes this.