close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Johnson 9.9 Short Shaft Motor for Sale

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by bkr43050, Sep 22, 2004.

1. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I have finally found me a long shaft small outboard to properly fit my boat and thus I am ready to part with this Johnson 9.9. I have had this motor for over two years now and it has been a great motor. It starts very easily and run very smooth at slow speeds. I would not sell it if it were not for it being too short to fit the transom on my boat. I have $550 in it and that is all I am asking to get back for it. It is a tiller 1978 tiller model (model number 10R78M) and it comes with a 6 gallon tank and hose. There are a few scratches on the cover but nothing serious. This is a pretty light motor and easy to put on and off. I am guessing that it is not more than 75-80 pounds. If anybody has any questions for me fire away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Bump! Anyone interested?

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

0   0   0

i can't believe no-one has snag this motor up?

4. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Thanks for the plug.;)

I can't believe I am selling it. I was really tempted to find a shaft kit for this motor and change it over to a long shaft but it was just too much added cost. So since the wife does not think that I need 3 motors I guess this one has to go.:rolleyes:

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

0   0   0

$550. is awfully steep for a 9.9 that is a 1978 model. If you really want to sell it, think about lowering the price. No disrespect meant here, just being real.

6. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I appreciate the advice. I know that when I was looking for a motor two years ago the standard price seemed to be $400-450 for any clean, good running 9.9 that I looked at and most were 60's models. I did pay a bit more for this one but it was not quite as old and was in very good condition. If I don't get any reasonable offers I will probably just stick it in the basement for the winter and sell it in the spring. I realize that this is not a very good time to be selling as many people are thinking winterize rather than buying.

My father-in-law has been toying with the idea of buying himself a small boat and motor. He has never owned one and is a bit uncomfortable doing it. I had offered this motor to him if he finds a boat. Perhaps I will try to talk him into a boat and take care of both of us.;)

So if anybody wants to make an offer feel free.

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

0   0   0

If I come up with some money, I will take it!

8. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Anybody willing to offer on this motor?

Rockbass,

I have not heard back from you. Are you still emptying the piggy bank?;) :D

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

0   0   0

Sorry man, I want it,but I am worse off than I thought I was with the money!

10. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

No problem. I will leave it up here until I get rid of it. I am not desparate to sell it so it may be around when you hit that lottery and need to unload some cash.:D

11. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Anyone interested? I will probably put this motor away for the winter after this week if I don't get any offers.

12. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Last call on this motor. I am winterizing it and putting it away tomorrow unless I hear any reasonable offers.

So let me know if you are interested.

13. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Bump. Bump.

It is time for guys to start thinking about getting ready for the spring so I will put this motor back on the blocks. This is a very good motor and if I had a need for a short shaft motor I would never part with it.

The selling price is $500.

14. saugerseeker

saugerseeker Go Bucks!

0   0   0

I am interested. Where are you located? I am in Canal Winchester. Maybe we could communicate with email?

15. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Bump.

Sorry Saugerseeker. I just now saw your post of interest. I am located in Knox county. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

16. cfrank

cfrank

0   0   0

I would like to talk to you about your motor. I have some questions I would like to ask. Please email me with a phone# cfranksports@columbus.rr.com.

17. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

This is the exact same motor I have. Same year, short shaft. Mine is in superb condition and runs perfect. I am curious as to what this sells for just to get some idea as to what it may be worth. I want a 25 hp for my boat, and have considered a possible trade, but its hard to let go of my 9.9 when it runs and looks so good.

18. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I am hoping the answer to that is $500.:D I hate to go any lower than that. I paid $500 for it a year and a half ago and ran it very little. It is a great running motor and as you said you hate to part with a nice 9.9.

19. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

If it doesn`t sell on here, I recommend posting it on E-Bay. I`ve seen them go for more money than you are asking on here. I really don`t think I`d sell mine for any less than 600.00 simply because it hasn`t been beat up and runs and idles at a troll so perfect. They are little workhorses and I like the way the earlier models were built and yet they still don`t appear dated like some of the other makes in the 70`s.

20. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I had not given that much thought but now that you mentioned it, I may consider doing it. Thanks for the advice.