close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joe Walsh from the Eagles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 10, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Pretty cool, my wife just spoke to Joe Walsh & then his fininancial advisor. She said he sort of sounded like a burn out..... Huh, no kidding ;)

I think I am more excited that she was! As I love Joe Walsh.

2. Man that would be pretty cool. Never would have thought he would sound like a burn out:rolleyes:

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Joe Walsh was having problems back in the 70's. He's lucky to still be around.

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

the Eagles farewell special the other night was very good!
    And aside from looking like a chewed up boot Walsh can still shred the fiddle.
    Henley and Frey still have the power and same voice which is rare after all that aging.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I saw that special too. Not a huge Eagles fan myself, but I can appreciate talent of any kind. They sounded right on the money.

I am a Walsh fan though. Cleveland boy ;)

6. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Good ole Joe walsh, I remember when I was working at the Hyatt and the eagles did that big tour back in the nineties. We normally get strict instructions about some artists when they come into the Hotel, I will never forget those instructions for the Eagles.

Under no circumstances are any alcholic beverages to be served to or sent to Mr Joe walshes room. Joe Walsh is not permitted in any bar in establishment. Walsh is not to leave the hotel unless going to the concert.

Easy enough to follow, by the way Don Henley had to be the biggest sob I ever encountered with some of the Greatful Dead people runing a close second, not the and itself but the people who came along with them (the main reason I dislike that band). I remember we had to get a personal assistant for Henley though and she quite the first night so we had to find another. When he ordered food the assistant had to go down and watch us prepare from start to finish, why?

1. He wanted to make sure nobody did anything to his food.
    2. He demanded that his food not be just warm, or sorta warm or sorta hot, but the food must be steaming hot. Thus the assistant had to grab it right away and bring it up to his room as quickly as possible.

Who where some of the coolest stars that came through that hotel while I was there in the 90's.

Sting: really cool, he sat in the lounge trying to find people to play chess with him. Also got on the piano and played a few tunes for people.

Paul Simon: Heard from the third shift cook, he got bored came down and hung out because he wanted to make his own sandwich just like he was at home. Let the third shift cook play his guitar.

7. H2O Mellon

8. NewbreedFishing

For some reason I could believe that about Henley but will never understand (maybe if I was a rawk star?) why these people are like this. I think its over paranioa from years of substance abuse. Would never think of Sting as being that social...but I love his music. Simon is probably down to earth like that being he is super old school.

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

We were at a fancy smancy steakhouse in Toronto in the fall of 2003. The group of guys at the table next to us got up and left. Their waitress was ours and she came to our table pretty ticked off.
    She told us that was the Eagles who just left and they left her a VERY small tip.
    We sat there next to them for over an hour and had no idea it was them.

That was pretty interesting about the Joe Walsh thing.

I can never find anyone to play chess with either since my buddy moved to Florida in '96.:(

10. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

"pick up the dog doo, hope that it's hard. I'm just an ordinary average guy"

Every interview I have seen or heard with him he seems to be real cool:cool: but he does seem to be a bit burnt out, if ya know what I mean? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

He had that song "Life's been good to me so far" talking about destroying hotel rooms & having accounts pay for it all. I knew a girl who's brother played good. Supposedly as good as Joe Walsh & they were expecting him to OD back then ( 1975?) and have her brother fill the vacancy.
    Anyway, glad to see he's made it, we lost so many of the "greats" back in the late 60's & 70's. Most of the ones who survived are in ill health now. It's a tough lifestyle, hard on the body.

12. Sure did lose a lot of them, Jim Morrison and Jimmy Hendrix come to mind and Janis Joplan.

13. NewbreedFishing

Bon Scott (RIP)

Funny thing >>>> the Google adds on the right here had EAGLES music on them.

14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hey Joe must have some money????? See if he will buy you a boat???????LOL

15. From what people tell me, Joe Walsh was a burn out then and still is. Somehow he's just managed to live this long! lol If anyone out there is an Eagles fan and hasn't checked out the "hell freezes over" concert DVD on a good home theater system, needs to do that. Those boys can still "git it done". (as far as I'm concerned anyway) Fame/money has screwed up allot of folks. Hearing about Henley being a jerk comes as no surprise. Kudos to Sting and Simon.

16. H2O Mellon

I am thinking of just biting the bullet & fixing up the Tracker for Cats. It's 14 ft w/ console steering, so it doesnt have much room, thats the downfall not to mention its a deep V, which isnt excatlly a river boat, plus the motor isnt reliable, the bad thing that motor has less than 50 hours on it & it's a 2001 model.

Sorry didnt mean to get off topic

THE EAGLES ROCK!-

PS- Didnt Joe Walsh run for president or something like that too?

17. Nothing to do with the Eagles but 10 years ago flying into Detroit coming back from my honeymoon I went outside to have a smoke. I see a brand new Cadillac covered with swamp mud and a tall longhaired guy loading a bowcase in the back. Detroit, Caddy, bowcase....thats gotta be Ted Nugent. I walked up to him and said " I know its early and don't want to bug you but I would like to shake your hand because of all you do for bowhunting and your kids camps not to mention you play a mean guitar". He said I've always got time for a fellow bowhunter. We shot the breeze for 10 min. or so till his wife started honking the horn. What a down to earth guy. That was a great topper to our trip. Too bad my wife stayed in the airport and missed it. She still complains about that.

18. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Good story about Ted! I am not a big fan, but think he is cool from what I do know of him.

19. Great story about "Sweaty Teddy". You just can't beat a Rocker/Outdoorsman! What a great combo. One of my favorite lines from him was when he was commenting on the "save Bambi" types out there that want to save all the animals. He simply said "you gotta KILL IT before you GRILL IT. Pretty much puts things into perspective.

20. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I for one am an Eagles fan. They all have great talent. I have the Hell Freezes Over DVD and it never loses its appeal, I highly recommend it.