close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joe Gibbs will switch to toyota in 2008

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by iam20fan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. press conference wednesday of next week

2. How about waiting until you have facts to back up your rumors before posting them? Not saying it won't happen, but everything is still rumor for now. I suspect your still getting your "information" from ESPN. At least you seem as eager to "break a story" as they do, facts or not.

3. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

FOX SPORTS quoted an AP story.
    Jim Utter is a nationally recognized NASCAR reporter.
    Need more?

4. Uh, what's your point? ESPN has "broke" many stories this year that turned out to be completely untrue. Some down right rediculous. It has nothing to do with whether it's true or not, but I'm suggesting waiting for real facts instead of relying on make believe stories from ESPN and other sources. He posted the exact same thing three weeks ago and of course it never happened.

5. KaGee

My point was to give you other independent stories not tied to ESPN, which you apparently did not read. The Kyle Busch story also appeared on NASCAR.COM. Kyle unwittingly "spilled the beans".

Yes, Gibbs is going TOYOTA, like it or not.

6. It doesn’t concern me in the least, and I think we’ve all known for a while it was happening. Again, that wasn’t my point at all. I was simply trying to keep iam20fan from feeling foolish in the future by posting untrue rumor he reads about. He seems more concerned about being the first to post something, and less about whether it’s true or not. That over eagerness will bite him eventually (remember Bob Dilner’s “breaking story” last year? He may not care, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

7. KaGee

Funny thing about that story...
    1) For some reason (cough) RCR bought them all up (cough) no other teams could buy rims for about a two week period.
    2) Other than the parties involved, no credible source could effectively deny the story.
    3) Most importantly... RCR raced like crap thereafter. Coincidence? I think not.
    4) Bob Dilner was given what amounts to a promotion @ SPEED.

NASCAR was caught with their shorts down on that one and would have done great damage to their esteemed ego's had Dilner's story been verified... the whole mess was swept under the rug.

8. Nor could they verify it. ;)
    I really don't know the whole story, as I quit following years ago. But, they made him look like an idiot to the general public. That was my only point.

9. KaGee

OK, It's official now. ;) :D

10. Will not have Stewart and Hamlin on my fantasy team next year! I do believe in a couple years Gibbs will help get Toyota competitive.