close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by elyfishingmaster, Apr 7, 2005.

1. elyfishingmaster

elyfishingmaster Junior member

i am a 15 year old kid and i want to get a job during the summer does anyone have any ideas.

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i enjoyed landscaping in the summer when i was younger... maybe you could call around some local landscapers and see if they need any summer help.

it can be hard work but its mostly just cutting grass, the best part is being out in the sun all day.

garden centers are usually looking for summer help too. that would be something id enjoy myself.

there might be some restrictions due to your age, though. i cant remember the laws.

good luck!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

My son went door to door in his neighborhood, and got a few jobs cutting grass

4. jack i was getting ready to say the same thing...there is one kid around here that does it and i'll bet you he makes 100 bucks on a nice saturday if you wanted to put a few days in of hard work you'll be making some good $$$

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

try asking some local farmers for some work.they can usually keep you pretty busy during baling season and will usually give you extra work if they have any.
    an extra bonus could be the possibility of gaining permission to hunt their property if you ask.
    i'm almost 46 now and i still have permission to hunt most of the farms that i worked on during the summers back in high school.

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I was a life guard at 15. Dont need to say much else :D

7. Back in the early 80's from about 12-16 I caddied at the local country club and made some good money. 100 bucks for the weekends and maybe 50 or so durning the week. Also picked up some extra cash cutting grass and selling golf balls I found along the edges of the golf course in the evenings.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:eek: ;eek:
    now there is one SCAREY thought.with your navigatonal skills,how would you ever find a person in the first place? :rolleyes:
    and if you did,you'd undoubtedly be 2 hours late :rolleyes:
    i just hope i don't fall overboard when you're in the boat :eek:

9. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I worked landscaping quite a bit. Hard work, good money and usually good hours.

I also worked greens crew at a golf course. Again, hard work (early hours) - but that is great in the summer when youwant to so something in the evening. I got paid pretty good there too.

I also had a paper route (sounds dorky), but I could get it done in an hour every day. Sundays and Saturdays sucked getting up early, but it was easy work.

I also worked stocking groceries. Pretty mindless work, but pretty good money. I had to work from like 9 or ten til sunup, which sucked.

I would alsore recommend working at a garden center, or as a lifeguard. You might want to also check at a marina. That would be a cool job.

Good luck, and most importantly have fun! You can use this job reference as long as you work! Make good contacts!

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i used to deliver papers too.... cleaned up around the holidays! :)

11. I always worked with some local farmers also. Most are glad to have some extra help and I even had one guy who would drive to my house and pick me up, when we got to his house his wife had a huge breakfast ready for us and then we come in at lunch and she would have tons more food, heck some nights he even fed me before he took me back home. Them farm wifes know how to cook!

12. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

I will be 16 in May and right now during the summer I work at a boat rental marina on Portage Lakes. It is a lot of fun. Accept when you get a couple of yahoos that come in every once in a while. lol.

13. I had pretty much the same deal, same people??? :confused:

I made on the low end $5 and on the high end $12 an hour bailing hay. I begin to wonder why I ever quit doing that :confused: Worked for anywhere from 2-6 people bailing in HS