close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Job Opportunity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Marshall, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
    Wastewater Treatment Operations

Applications are being accepted for a Wastewater Treatment Operator with a regional wastewater treatment facility. This position will ensure proper mechanical operations of the treatment plant, quality of effluent flow and conduct laboratory analysis to ensure quality.

Qualifications for this position are:

· High School diploma or GED and related work experience;

· Valid Ohio Driver’s License, CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL within 6 months and an acceptable driving record; and

· Wastewater Operation License is preferred but not necessary.

The responsibilities of this position included, but are not limited to:

· Conducts laboratory testing procedures to assure proper process and quality control;

· Measures dissolved oxygen, pH and/or other chemicals in effluent and throughout other stages of process;

· Retrieves samples from various point of effluent flow of collection of composite samples;

· Cleans and maintains assigned areas; and

· Adjust valves and operates equipment.

The starting pay rate is between $13.52 and $15.65 per hour. Qualified candidates may obtain an application from our website at www.co.delaware.oh.us, at the Delaware County Human Resources Department, 10 Court Street, 2nd Floor, Delaware, Ohio, 43015, call 740/833-2120, fax 740/833-2119, or by forwarding a resume to jobs@co.delaware.oh.us. Deadline to submit an application is Tuesday, March 1, 2005.

DELAWARE COUNTY, OHIO

Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer

M/F/V/D/
    Here is a job that opened up at the plant I work at. It has good benefits and is a good place to work. If interested you need to move fast as I just got back to work and found it posted on the board and the deadline is march 1st. If you go to their website you can download a form or go Monday and fill one out. The plant is located on 315 near powell. The hours of operation will be 7:00pm to 7:00am 12 hour shifts for 6 days and your last day will be 11:00pm till 7:00am a measly 8 hour shift. Then you have a week off to fish or do what you want. I currently work the dayshift 7am to 7pm and it is great for fishing. Everyother week I am a fishing machine. Yes 80 hours is a long week but having a week off every other week is great. Your week would start on a friday work sat, sun, mon, tue, wed, thur then you are done till the next friday. I copied the job qualifications and dueties from the county website. We do a lot of grounds work in the summer which they seem to have not indicated. The night guy does a lot of trimming (till dark), cleaning bulidings, collecting samples, monitoring equipment, data entry and simple lab tests. Obtaining an epa opetrator wastwater license will earn you more money.There are 4 licenses that can be obtained and the county currently gives a 5 percent increase in pay with each license. To get certified you have to have I believe 1 year in wastewater work or a college degree whichever. The license is a test of 50 questions that deal with wastewater. These tests are very doable but you have to study. If you are currently looking for a job this could be a good way to get your foot in the door. The wastewater industry is expanding with all the new developments being built. There will be new plants and more positions opening up in the next 5 years. If wastwater is not your thing we may be adding additional people to our maintenance staff as these new facilities are built. Just thought I would let you guys know about the job, I have little say in who gets hired but in the past have had a chance to look at applications and say If it were me I would check this individual out. Anyone got any questions let me know, sorry about the short notice.