close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

jidderbugging for crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bulafisherman, Aug 22, 2004.

1. has anyone ever heard of jidderbuging for crappie? sat evening a friend and I went out on our local lake of Roaming Shores for some evening bass fishing, we picked up a few close to deep water points, biggest being 15 inches, then hit a shallow water flat that was about 3 and a half feet deep just as the sun set and started casting jidderbugs, I lost count of how many my buddy caught on his black bug, his biggest was about 17 inches, I was using a yellow bug and caught 2 nice crappie, the bite lasted about half an hour and that was it, I didn`t know crappie hit jidderbugs! I guess fishing can be a learning experence :D

2. I catch big bluegills out of my pond on jitterbugs and once on a big buzzbait. I think about any fish will hit a topwater. Back in 1980 I caught a 22lb carp at Salt Fork on a rapala. Is roaming shores public?

3. no Roaming Shores is not public, you have to be a resident In order to fish here, the bass fishing is excellent and the crappie fishing is even better! I can`t wait till this fall when the crappie really turn on,my son caught a 14 1/2 inch crappie last fall and I know of 15 inch plus coming out of the lake. here

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

My cousin just bought a place at Roaming Rock, I went out there on Saturday and cruised around a little in his 'toon boat. Nice lake but seems like it is always murky, turbid. Probably from all the farm runoff? I pitched around a little bit with an ultralite and small crank bait. Caught small bass just about everywhere I went. I'm going to try to get my cousin out on the ice there this winter.