Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking online for a depth chart for Jet divers at different lengths.

I thought the different Jets dove according to their number at 100 feet back.

Example, Jet 30 dives 30feet 100 feet back.

One site I found indicates that this is not true. Jet 30's supposedly only dive 24 feet at 100 feet back.

Can anyone verify this? The Luhr Jenson site has a tech report on it but the page wont open.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
Yeah they are a little off, Dean Clifton's chart is good, or go to an area that tapers and goes into deeper water slowly cleveland is a good spot for that and let them out till you drag bottom at whatever speed probably 2.0 for this time of year and see when you start banging bottom.....it's work but at least you will know exactly how deep they are running.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Scaupstopper,
PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the Dean Clifton chart that Kgone is referring to for dipseys and jets (excel format). I have been using it for the last several years. If you know how to attach it to the post feel free. I can't figure it out.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I can't post it or you guys would all be getting on me everytime you get :S or snagged !:D Just kidding.

If I knew how to post it in the thread I would already have it up. If someone smarter than I knows how to post it I will email them the file in PDF or Excel format and they can do so. Just Ducky PM me your email address and I will send you a copy.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
:D I took care of it below Matt. it's in word, with the dipsey charts as well.

I guess I'm smarter than you buddy :D

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
:D I took care of it below Matt. it's in word, with the dipsey charts as well.

I guess I'm smarter than you buddy :D
In your words DAAAAANG ! O.K. smart arse now tell me how you do it, so I can edumecate myself ! Plus mine is purtier, it is in color !

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
When you hit reply scroll down a little bit, there is a botton that says

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd rtf txt xls zip

Click that, at the top of the box that pops up Upload File from your Computer Click Browse. go to wherever you have it on your computer, select it then just hit upload. then submit the post.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
oh thank you great walleye and computer lord...LOL

every one bow to the master .... master baiter....

Kurwa!

sit on it dude...eeeeeeeeeee( Fonzie)

Just playin Bro....LOL

Frank

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
kgone....much gras for the jet chart.

had heard/read that the lurhjensen estimates were off....but never knew that Dean had created an alternative dive chart. Dean stepped out just as i was starting to get into Erie.

far as i can tell, Dean did an awesome job creating a site with tons of really helpful info. his site was the first i found...it helped me a lot.

whereever you are hangin these days Dean.....thanks boss.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Dean stepped out just as i was starting to get into Erie.

far as i can tell, Dean did an awesome job creating a site with tons of really helpful info. his site was the first i found...it helped me a lot.

whereever you are hangin these days Dean.....thanks boss.
Dean was a Lake Erie Walleye God IMO. He would dock his boat down at the Huron Boat Basin every fall and I would annoy the crap out of him trying to soak it all up.:D He taught me a lot about trolling that's for sure. He is greatly missed but he is definitely enjoying himself touring the country in the RV. He pops in on his website every now and then. http://www.cliftond.com/

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
thanks for the update krusty. good to hear the RV thing works well for him.

what kind of bait do ya use trollin off the back of an RV? talk about long handled nets!

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
Dean was one heck of a angler and as a person as well. He helped many people including me with questions and answers and tried to help everyone out. I still roll around with him maps in my boat for quick reference if I am struggling and they do work, that man has spent a priceless amount of time on the water and I refer to his stuff allot. Two thumbs up for Dean :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts