Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Jet Divers for the first time this year. I'm having trouble with them popping back up on the surface occasionally What am I doing wrong? Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
371 Posts
if there is too much drag behind a jet then they will roll over i.e. running a stick bait or sometimes crawler harness. this generally happens with the 20's or sometimes 30's. sometimes you will get a jet that is defective and there is nothing you can do about it. i have never found any physical reason for them not to work but some just don't.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Had this happen to me last yr......I was running them with a snubber. Removed the snubber and the problem went away.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You should check the "tune" of the jet before setting just like you would a crank. Also, you may need to "round out" the sides of the hole where the snap goes thru the fin of the jet. Take the snap out and use a sharp, pointed knife to remove a little plastic around the edge of the hole. Right out of the package, the connector can get caught slightly and not allow the jet to run true.

Tim

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Great tip from the Toolman!
I experienced this problem with new jets (30s) and eventually discivered that was EXACTLY the problem I was having. Try it and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
The new Jet's are now Chinese. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, a lot of good and bad comes out of China.

Also on the one's I just bought there is only one hole. The older ones used to have 3. So, how do you "tune" that? Bend the snap? That can't be a good thing. :confused:

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
while were on jets , i have 1 30 jet that will not flip and dive??? it just stays upside downand on the surface,even if i try to put the inside weight in the down/dive position. should that weight stay in the down side of the jet?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Probably the same thing. Make sure the snap is not bound up on the plastic. Or use one of the above referenced connectors.

·
Sea Food Eater
271 Posts
Make shure that the throat dimension is wide enough that it will let the jet settle in to the radius of the snap. If the snap is too small it will bind and send the jet to one side or the other.
I use the same size snap on the main line for all types of divers;don't rember the size at the moment but gauge its size for the jets as they are the toughest hook up and run true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts