close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

jet 50 dive curve

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

anyone have a copy of the jet 50 dive curve, looking for the area around the 45-60 ft range if possible. Thanks.

2. George,

If I recall, it is in the Big Water Ed of Precision Trolling. Also, by recollection, the 50 dove just SLIGHTLY deeper than the 40 and (again by memory) never reached 50' (unassisted by weight). I can check this eve.

Tim

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

George, I went to the Mark Romanack trolling seminar at Dave's Bait Shop this last spring. If I remember (I never used jets, so I didn't use my muscle memory) right Mark Romanack stated the 50's did not go as deep as expected. That they were to buoyant, thus they actually dove shallower that the 40's. Can someone help me on this?

4. I think Toxic is correct. It seems as the jets get larger in size, the body size increases bouyancy too much, thus not allowing them to dive to their "target" depth. I think you could make them more effective by weighting them closer to neutral bouyancy with lead tape. One-side adhesive lead tape is available at most golf shops. It might be tough to get them to dive consistently after modifying them, unless one was very with careful with placement and amount of weight added.

Tim

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

why not just drill a hole in one, let it fill up with water and see how that dives? i dont use them either, it was just a thought:D