Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got shipped off to jersey for an internship, finally got my rods out here and wanted to find more then some small gills. anyone have any input... im in north jersey by the Delaware water gap i might try that this Sunday... any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got shipped off to jersey for an internship, finally got my rods out here and wanted to find more then some small gills. anyone have any input... im in north jersey by the Delaware water gap i might try that this Sunday... any help would be much appreciated
Lake Hopatcong, Spruce Run Lake, and Greenwood Lake (half is in Jersey and half is in New York State) are all excellent fisheries.

Lake Hopatcong is deep, clear and weedy with well defined structural features bordered and has an excellent population of big largemouth and smallmouth.

Spruce Run Lake is mid-depth and all rock, rubble and rip rap. Fish the dam where the rip rap ends (underwater) on the lake bottom with small plastics or jig n' pig and you'll catch your limit. Hint: Junebug zoom worm and black/blue jig n pig will kill 'em. Tennessee Shad crankbaits work well also. This is a great fall fishery as well fishery as well. Big pike in here, too.

Greenwood Lake is a great bass fishery, whether for largemouth or smallmouth. It's a unique fishery in that one end of the lake is deep and clear smallmouth habitat and the other end is shallower with many weedbeds and docks (largemouth). Islands throughout the lake. Early spring bite is sensational for both species. Rattle Traps and jerkbaits...

Norhern New Jersey gets a bad rap...it's beautiful and the fishing is fantastic.

Good Luck

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch... i have been looking around at bud lake and Musconetcong and there's nothing to promising there i will take your advice as soon as this weather breaks out here it has rained more then it usually does at home in ohio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts