close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

JEEZE US !!!! I'm back .........FINALLY

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catking, Dec 27, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

Hey all !!! DA KING 'S!!! electric has been off since last Tuesday evening. Didn't get back until late last night :( I'm here to say it has been really rough. 6 freakin days with no electric is bad enough, but to have to deal with it through below zero temps and Christmas was really rough. Hey, it was interesting to say the least :D Here's a big old HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! wish to all of you that I missed, and there were some ;) and a very belated MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! to all......... I gotta catch up....... ;) ...THE CATKING !!!

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

:D :D :D :D
    Glad everything is OK now for you. Justcrazy moved in with me thursday night because he lost power in Columbus and just went back yesterday. Must have been a tough Christmas for lots of people in the West.
    Good to have you back and hope Santa still found the Catking Family.
    Bob

3. Tee

Tee Team OGF

First off, Glad you and your family is ok. It was a crazy storm! Hope you had somewhat of a Merry Christmas. I'm sure it will be one to remember.

Now get ready for the big thaw. Temps are predicted to be in the upper 50's Thursday and Friday in SW Ohio.

Crappiebub is right though...It was awful quiet... :p

4. Welcome Back! Now we can all get ready for the flooding once things thaw.

5. And a Merry Christmas to you Catking. Glad to hear you are back amongst the warm and comfortable. :) BTW: Pittsburgh won again.......... :D :D
    Did the crystal ball crack due to the freezing temperatures? ;)

6. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

Merry Christmas to you Catking. Glad to hear you are back an ok

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Oh my :eek: That really sucks. We were just bummed because our travel plans got screwed! Hope you had a great christmas!

8. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- I hear ya shorty drift...... looks like I'll be eating crow (about the Steelers)........ Missed your birthday bigmanfishing ;) here's to you having a great year !!! Where I happen to live, we didn't get alot of snow, but we were in the 10 mile wide band that got ice, and plenty of it. Probably 4" thick . I had a beautiful tree in the front yard, the key word HAD. Hey, as bad as it was, there were thousands of people who had it worst. Some down here still have no power . But hey, this season is all about Christmas and what it stands for. I never lost sight of that ;) Myself and the wife talked with each other for six long days and nights, and after 26 years of marriage, it was kinda cool Finally got dug out of the ice today..hey, a neighbor stopped by and gave me a dozen of fresh eggs layed Sunday morning :) ............ CATKING

9. That don't sound like a bad idea ;)

Glad ya'll are aight

10. Catking,
    Glad to see you weathered the storm. We have been doing the same. I like your attitude about the whole situation. Rather than getting totally depressed about the situation you try to find the silver lining. That is my kind of attitude. But when you are inconvenienced for enough time in such an unfortunate time as the holidays it does make it tough to stay positive. We have been able to stay positive as a family as well. My boys trated it as an adventure getting to eat supper by the lantern and camping out around the fireplace and kerosene stove. My wife said that this was mother nature's way of trimming the tops out of our trees. She has been mentioning getting that done for a while.:D

It does make you think that Christmas is about more than just sitting around the Christmas tree and opening our presents. It is about being thankful for all that we have as well. Although we do not yet have electricity, we do realize that we have great freinds and family that are willing to pitch in when we need it.

11. I Had 2 Of My Tres Uprooted By The Ice..boy I Loved Those Trees...

12. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

This is the first I've heard that they even have electizity in Cincinnati :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey, at least you live in a sothern climate where it's warm :)

13. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I was hopin' Da'KING WAS GOING TO LEAD US ALL IN CHRISTMAS CAROLS AGAIN! :D Well here, ya' missed this one! www.wagenschenke.ch/index2.htm

Hope ya' had a nice xmas anyway! :) Raider<><>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Glad to see you back King, I figured that was what happened to you.

15. The KINGS back [​IMG]

Glad everything is alright man... That will be a Christmas you will remember forever!!

16. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

The next thing we know he's going to tell us he has indoor plummin too. :eek Light bulb in the outhouse didn't work so you had to carry a lantern. :D :D Merry Christmas Rick. I'm glad you both survived. :) I guess this makes for one more war story we'll be hearing from DA KING. :rolleyes:

17. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey king..glad to see you are alive and well..i was just asking your son about you the other day..
    i know miso's power is still out..and he's only like 10mins away from me..

18. catking

catking Banned

JEEZE US !!! 'Raider :D Hey, I heard where there are a bunch that still have no power :eek: and I thought I was a hillbilly :rolleyes: And to think that this is only the end of December......... DA KING !!!

19. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Life is good.............

20. Like Mr Feesh Ohio says, "Life is good!!!" Good havin' DA-KING back. Only been able to get online very little myself. Don't think there's but 1 cell tower down here between Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina so the whole cell-modem is little more than a novel idea. Forget Wireless in these parts... Here's to hoping in a few days I'll find South Carolina has a little more technology than two cans with a string tied between them :D Heck, I spose there's always Santee Cooper if I can't get online, I'm sure work will understand. ;) :D

Barry