close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jake and the Fatman

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by JUSTCRAZY, Sep 12, 2005.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Spent Friday night on the pond with two great geusts, Rodman(Joe) and one of his sons Jake. The night was not nearly as productive as we would have liked but Jake did up his best flathead by about 4lb to 19+lb. Although he didn't mind reeling in the little monster he said he wished they would fight a little harder. I feel his pain, for as big as these fish can get I think they need a little bit more attitude. But, needless to say I will keep chasing the critters :D .

So in search of a better fight I finally got a decent fish to take a bait on my small rod. I was using a 7' H Browning Platinum(just a bass rod) with an Abu 6500 when I landed this little girl. I did make for some more fun, but I still want bigger fish. Specailly on the small rods!

Here a picture of the stud Jake and my mug next to him!
    [​IMG]

2. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

That works for me Rob :D

It seems the more you fish the "luckier" you get :B

There is a lot to be said for fishing hard and being ready when the big fish bite.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ditto
    nice fish,rob.
    i need to get some of this other stuff out of my hair(don't say it :p )
    so i can get some more time in before it's too late.
    it's times like this that i waish i was your age again :p :D

4. Nice fish Rob. That sure is a nice boat to be flathead fishing with. :D I figure the owner wouldn't like taking it to a couple of the other spots we fish. My carpet is now a permanent brown. ;)

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood.. no wonder why you haven't been calling me lately rob.. niice catch..
    you know they means minus 2 when u fish with me.. :p :D

6. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

7. Rob:

As always, we had a great time!!! Lookin' forward to the next time. Maybe I can catch one and get my mug on this webpage!!!

M. Magis - That boat doesn't discriminate when it comes to catching fish - specially when they come in that size!

8. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Mike my carpet is the same color! I have taken in so much sand this year that it has started to act like sandpaper and removed some paint :p , but that is what I got her for.

Robby, if some of the people realized how much time it takes to get "lucky" they probably wouldn't even bother buying the gear to go flat-chasing. Many long hours have passed without so much as a click on those rods.

As for you old man Misfit. Get your but together and give me a ring. There is always room for you on the bank. Hair on not :D

Ak, well you're right. I haven't taken much time to fish for anything other than bait, then flats. My girlfriend said she thinks I am addicted to fishing. So I had to tell her, she is right! Man were those words hard to utter to a woman :D .

Good fishing guys, let the good times role and the cameras will follow!