Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, my cousin told me that he has seen a trout in the pond at the Jackson Township Park in Stark County. I am from nearby Canal Fulton, so growing up as a kid, I went there often, and I still stop by there when I'm in the area for old time's sake... It's a very nice park. Does anyone know of Trout at the Jackson Township Park??? If so, I may be making a trip there pretty soon. Thanks:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome!!! What time of year do they stock it? And would the trout live there year-round? Thanks for all of the feedback!

·
NE Ohio Fly Fisherman
195 Posts
That's news to my ears....I go to Apple Creek all the way down in Wooster Ohio to fish for trout....maybe a new fishing spot for me ?....were exactly is that located ?...I googled google maps of the park but did not see any bodies of water or any type of pond....I also live in Canal Fulton and do my share of fishing the Nimissilla creek and Tuscarawas river and like to stop by that park sometime....

http://troutfishingwooster.blogspot.com/

·
NE Ohio Fly Fisherman
195 Posts
Nevermind...I just googled Jackson Township Parks and found the pond you were talking about...I will have to check it out sometime...not to far away from me...

[ame]https://maps.google.com/maps?q=7660+Fulton+Drive+Northwest,+Massillon,+OH&hl=en&ll=40.861686,-81.490611&spn=0.001437,0.001475&sll=40.86084,-81.490617&sspn=0.00693,0.013711&oq=7660+fulton+drive&t=h&hnear=7660+Fulton+Dr+NW,+Massillon,+Ohio+44646&z=19[/ame]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm from Canal Fulton as well :D You can also catch Trout at Lock 4 in Canal Fulton. The DNR stocks it every spring around my birthday (April 28) I don't know how long they survive but once I think I saw one in September, just to give you an idea. That would mean they probably live there yearround. The Cuyahoga River in Akron also gets a good Steelhead run, all the way up to the Edison Dam. Petros Lake near Canton is also stocked with trout in spring. Canal Fulton is a pretty good location for trout fishing, actually. Good luck out there!!! :)

·
NE Ohio Fly Fisherman
195 Posts
Yes I know you can catch trout at Lock 4....they stocked it this year on the 28th of April and it was a zoo for about 3 days....so many people showed up and within a week they were gone...but I fished the Lock 4 Outlet which is part of Crystal Springs run that goes into the tuscarawas river and I caught about 25 left over trout in there...I fly fish that small Crystal Springs run quite often for Bass, Bluegill, Carp and when it's running high the Bowfins get in there to...landed a nice Pike about 26" long 2 days ago when the creek was still high...but it's low again and only the small gills are in there....fished that a little tonite using a #16 black pheasant tail nymph and was pulling them out left and right...caught and released about 18 bluegills and 2 crappies....

·
Saved Fish
248 Posts
I don't think that they did any stocking in this pond in 2013. They did in the spring of 2011 and 2012 (in May?) but I did not see anything for it this year... I was watching for it because I like to take my grandaughter to their derby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts