Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever used the Iwata Neo airbrush guns? They look like a good gun for a decent price and most reviews I have read were good, but I wanted opinions from someone who would have used it for the same application I plan to use it for (harness blades and cranks).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and input fishingguy. I am going to do the same thing and get it from hobby lobby with the coupon.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quick note on this.... if you have a smartphone get the Hobby Lobby app so you NEVER are without your 40% off coupon! (unless you forget your phone lol)

·
Registered
688 Posts
also, I plan on getting a Neo also...all my work so far has been done on a $15 Amazon.com special! lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one of those harbor tool and freight $10 specials and it is such a hassle if I want to paint more than one color at a time and the work is no good. Hopefully the neo is a good starter gun. I'm going to get mine tomorrow and if I have some time i'll test it out and show the work. Thanks for the tip Moose, but I believe I am the only 21 year old without a smartphone. lol.

·
Shoot Um' Hook Um'
860 Posts
Be careful with the nozzle cap. They tend to work loose and then you can't find it. Once you realize it's gone you have already bent the needle when you put the brush in your holder. The needles are a lot more delicate than the real Iwata's. You need to be extra careful putting it back in after cleaning. Parts are cheaper but so isn't the brush. I do like the smaller cups when I do use mine for touching up and little stuff. I also believe they are harder to keep the nozzle clean. Here are a couple repaints with gold dust i did with a Neo.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it mostly apart already to look it over and it looks pretty simple, but the needle looks delicate. Was going to spray some today, but the air hose I have doesn't fit the gun. Apparently you need to buy an Iwata hose to go with the gun. Wish they would have told me that at the store.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looked like it would fit the compressor I have, but hobby lobby has a hose for $27 and they have a 40% off coupon that I can use. I'll be getting it tomorrow so hopefully I can find some time this weekend to spray a few blades. How much did they want for that adapter at Harbor turkey?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

First blade I did with the Neo. It's a pretty good gun, but I need some more practice with it and the air pressure. Hot pink top and Violet bottom. The picture is a little too dark to see the colors clearly.

·
Shoot Um' Hook Um'
860 Posts
How much did they want for that adapter at Harbor turkey?[/QUOTE said:
I did not see an adapter but they had the 1/4" hose. If you need an adapter to go down to 1/4" you may have to go to a specialty or hardware store or order online, or may find it at hobby lobby.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks turkey. I got the hose to fit my compressor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts