Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm a senior at Indiana University who believes great fishing experiences shouldn’t have to happen by chance. Please give me your opinion on how you plan fishing trips. This 1 page, 11 question Google Forms survey takes 2-3 min to complete. Your answers about key features that are important to you when selecting a trip & captain (such as, fishing types, fish species, captain specialty, and boat) will help in the development of a website that matches anglers with great captains in customized, memorable fishing experiences. Thanks for your time! Happy catches. https://goo.gl/TIzSLn

·
team flatty
890 Posts
Not practical for people around here. Unless your on erie then you usually arent hiring a captain and even then word if mouth trumps a random app most wont use.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
well... main thing that can make or break a chartered trip is the captain ...and that's based on his knowledge, his people skills, and his ability to be patient with and get along with the people that hired him .... The app that you are proposing can't possibly match personality types ... there's hundreds of charterboat captain out there, and that's just on lake erie... I have chartered with multiple different captains, some of them were complete jerks and it ruined the entire day, some of them I thought, didn't really know a darn thing about walleye fishing on Lake Erie .. and some of them were the most knowledgeable fisherman I've ever met with horrible people skills . so, what Chris 1162 said, is correct, word-of-mouth is how I think charter captains really get their business .

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I understand that your app is going to be for more than just Ohio fisherman ... but I honestly think the same thing is going to apply elsewhere

·
Registered
11,358 Posts
I agree with all the comments by 9Left. There are plenty of forums where you can evaluate specific captain's performance if you take the time to search and then call. This requires work on the part of an individual but will be worth the effort if he is a dedicated and selective angler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts