close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's Officially Over.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Yes, yet another tradition for kids of all ages comes to an end. The new owners of Chapel Hill Mall have officially killed Archie the Talking Snowman. A 35 year Christmas tradition, now merely a memory.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll rent the space to some gold-by-the-inch or overpriced embroidery kiosk.

No funeral arrangements have been announced, but just how do you bury a 40 ft talking snowman???

2. I can take care of that. I am a funeral director.
    The fisherman in me says to make him a reef.

3. why bury him when you can blow him up with dynomite!!!!!

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

for anyone who doesn't know "archie" he is a 40ft demonic talking snowman. his eyes even light up with a fiery glow when he talks. I think it'd be much more fun to burn him to the ground. I am hoping another starbucks goes up.

5. Johnboy....how in the hell do you burn snow???? C'mon!!!!!! My question is "where do they keep him during the off season....must be one heck of a freezer?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. I have an idea. I say we get Archie donated to OGF, and we lay him on his side, put in a plywood floor, and turn him into a 40 ft long ice shanty. And whenever someone catches a fish, his eyes light up.

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

8. great idea. i'll drive up there just to take a turn in that shanty

9. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Hey guys, I went to Archie when I was kid! :mad: I just took my 5 year old daughter to him the last 2-3 years. I was hoping I could make it a little tradition with her as well. Not cool. He always has HUGE lines. How could they NOT MAKE MONEY SELLING THOSE PICS!!! Almost everyone spent about 5-10 bucks getting a pic. It was always at least a half hour wait when I went. They better replace it something worthwhile.

10. Gee When I Was A Kid Chapel Hill Mall Wasnt Even There...i Say Melt Him Down And Use The Water For A Yr Round Trout Pond For The Kids....

11. Argee...didn't you discover corn? :D :D :D
    Musta been something to see...real working farms where people learned true values of life....I know, I learned how to work on a 600 acre farm. They'll always be the "Good Ol' Days" to me.