Its official: The Bruiser Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pendog66, Aug 29, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Well after having a thread for peewee i decided that it was time to make one for my Red Tail Catfish Bruiser. With Peewee's slowing of growth Bruiser has been growing very quickly. In February he was only 2 inches long. Now he is pushing a couple pounds. heres some recent pics[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

That fish with the tiger stripes...I've seen where someone caught one in a magazine once. Its a type of catfish, but which one?:confused: You have some nice fish.:)

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Don't give up on PeeWee!

4. pendog66

its a tiger shovelnose catfish

5. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Good eatin' size then...

UFM82

6. pendog66

since the last time i posted bruiser has prolly doubled in weight. He and Stripes eat a bag of 30 shad a day and are constantly hungry. He is between 5 and 10 pounds and the pictures do him no justice. This weekend when i go home i will post a video of him eating.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. pendog66

heres a pic

Attached Files:

8. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Are you sure you're not overfeeding them? 30 shad a day seems like a TON of food :p no wonder they're growing so fast!

9. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Is the striped fish also called a Sorubim? Or is that a different fish?

10. pendog66

i have to feed them that much because if i dont bruiser on occasion has tried to eat the oscars.

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Good lord, he weighs 5lbs already? Put something up to the picture like a pen to give us something to reference his size. Looks like a fatty too :D

12. pendog66

bruiser is eating shad ranging from 3-6 inches/ and munching on them like chips

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  13. That's pretty cool. I've always wanted a redtail. What did you feed him when he was small? With all the huge schools of shad in the rivers right now, I'd get the cast net out and stock up.

What size tank is it?

14. pendog66

hes only in a 125 right now but im having a new tank currently built its around a 1000 gallons. When he was smaller he would eat frozen blood worm, redworms, nightcrawlers, prawns, and small goldfish. This is also what all of the other fish ate and why they are so big. Jen had one of her oscars die during the blackout that was only half the size of my oscars and it was bigger than her hand. So i think my oscars are probaly around 12 inches

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Frankly, I'm not a fan of oscars, but man you're look cool as heck! Thanks for sharing the video.

I've got a 125 gallon plate glass tank has a broken peice at the top of the tank, that is siliconed in. If I understand correctly it's placed there to stop it the tank from bowing. Anyways, anyone know if there is a way to fix it. Would love to get it up and running and I've been putting it off forever.