Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last! Direct quote: "U.S. citizens who have been vaccinated for at least 14 days and meet other entry requirements may cross the northern border starting at 12:01 a.m. on Aug. 9, the Public Health Agency of Canada said." Unvaccinated kids under 12 accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent can also enter. August can be great for smallmouth north of Toronto. Believe I may go if I can work it out. Unfortunately, some of the grandchildren will be back in school by August 9th with the rest of them going back to school in mid August.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how are they going to validate the vaccinated? the paper documents given at the injection locations are easily duplicated and created...
I know you have to use an app prior to going to upload the proof and you still have to be tested before going, but I don't know what the proof of vaccination is yet. All I got was a little CDC card that showed the date and both shots. However, there's a penalty if you're caught cheating: "According to the Canadian government, anyone who submits false information on a vaccination status form could be liable to a fine of "up to $750,000 or six months imprisonment." " I think they'd throw the book at anyone they catch--I think anyone who would risk it for a few fish would have to be a moron.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree wth Loomis why would anyone want to go to a country like that, where your business s your business.. let them keep their oppression to themselves.

·
Registered
16,812 Posts
Can't wait, I'm ready to go. I miss Parry Sound and Pointe Au Baril. Plus seeing the relatives in Toronto.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My entire family got the vaccine, including grandkids, so we're ready to go! Last time (2019), had an absolute blast! Given the latest Covid surge and the way it seems to focus on the unvaccinated, these border crossing restrictions could last for years.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You do know that the only reason it is the unvaccinated people getting covid is because they arent reporting the ones who get covid that are vaccinated. My wifes good friend is a nurse she told us and has witnessed it many times if your vaccinated but have covid signs they arent testing you for it. So go figure it shows the unvaccinated people are the ones who are getting it. Just saying

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,363 Posts
You do know that the only reason it is the unvaccinated people getting covid is because they arent reporting the ones who get covid that are vaccinated. My wifes good friend is a nurse she told us and has witnessed it many times if your vaccinated but have covid signs they arent testing you for it. So go figure it shows the unvaccinated people are the ones who are getting it. Just saying
also if you have been vaccinated and get a "cold" you are not in panic mode. so you don't even go to the dr or bother to get tested...

also if you listen to the reports, very subtle that the delta variant is no more deadly than the original. sure more contagious perhaps??? imo the "more" contagious is to entice you to get vaccinated. as lots of us went on with our daily lives during 2020 without catching covid, so unless "more" contageous, why would i bother with the vaccine? they can't claim it is more deadly as that can be backed up with statistics. well, if it were not for the lies, damn lies, and statistics as practiced by the politico...

also notice they are now using percentages in reporting. cases up 50%... as an increase from 2 cases to 3 cases is not as impressive as saying a 50% increase... lies, damn lies, and statistics...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This post was about the Canadian border opening, not Covid or anyone's vaccination status. If some don't want to get the vaccine and choose to take their chances, that's fine by me. But don't blame the Canadians if they don't want unvaccinated folks to enter the country--because that's THEIR right. IMO, the same is true of private companies, private colleges, etc. As to statistics, of course I know they're not testing all vaccinated folks with or without symptoms. It's NEVER been about symptoms, it's been about hospitalizations and deaths, and the variants that can arise if the disease is not controlled. The stats seem to prove the vaccines are very effective in preventing hospitalizations and death. At this point (June), over 98% of everyone ending up in the hospital with Covid, and 99% of everyone dying from Covid, have been unvaccinated. I'm a gambler and I don't like those odds, so I chose the vaccine. You pays your money and you takes your chances. And if anyone chooses to believe conspiracy theories about how contagious a variant is, or the inclusion of chips in the vaccine, or doctors making money from reporting more Covid cases, or-or-or-or---why that's their choice as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This post was about the Canadian border opening, not Covid or anyone's vaccination status. If some don't want to get the vaccine and choose to take their chances, that's fine by me. But don't blame the Canadians if they don't want unvaccinated folks to enter the country--because that's THEIR right. IMO, the same is true of private companies, private colleges, etc. As to statistics, of course I know they're not testing all vaccinated folks with or without symptoms. It's NEVER been about symptoms, it's been about hospitalizations and deaths, and the variants that can arise if the disease is not controlled. The stats seem to prove the vaccines are very effective in preventing hospitalizations and death. At this point (June), over 98% of everyone ending up in the hospital with Covid, and 99% of everyone dying from Covid, have been unvaccinated. I'm a gambler and I don't like those odds, so I chose the vaccine. You pays your money and you takes your chances. And if anyone chooses to believe conspiracy theories about how contagious a variant is, or the inclusion of chips in the vaccine, or doctors making money from reporting more Covid cases, or-or-or-or---why that's their choice as well.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
We have a winner!!!..very well said!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Very good post!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Sums it up nicely. There will always be difference's but the facts don't lie.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts